News:

Choose a design and let our professionals help you build a successful website   - ITAcumens

Main Menu

Bug in gingly

Started by narmada, May 04, 2010, 03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

narmada

Hi experts,

Nice to see this site from the young minds.

After login to my id (9894******) when i tried go to back page (backspace) it logins to some other userid, however i am able to see his contacts and messages but not able to open it :).

Thanks,
Ganesh Bellamkonda Sathya

Edit : Number Masked, User Preference.  ;)
Nice Forum

Sudhakar

Thanks for your wishes.

Not sure when this could happen, but we are using session concept.

As soon as you login to the site, a session will be created on your system. It will stay untill you click on signout.

Few questions to you,

Are you using a network based system contains one single ip throughout the network.

Are you running a multiple accounts on multiple browsers.

A Key Note :

On the process of update, we have started considering security is our primilinary measures, we have reworked on the sessions.

If you came to a similar instance once, kindly upload a screenshot for us.

Thanks for your comments and wishes too.
  :educated

Sudhakar

Hey Gingly user,

As we have analyzed it, there was a issue on a dummy profile which we have used for testing.

We do direct testing on the live portal. So a dummy profile was set on the background.

Everytime if you browser could not open the requested page, this dummy page worked as an default page.  :(

We have removed that profile after a security issue reported by you as well one other user. Hope all the issues were sorted now.

Additionally from 01 May 2010, all password were encryped using md5 algorithm.

Previously we have not encrypted because, if anyone request for forget password like Password to 9566295662. We have forwarded the value stored on the profile.

Currently after encryption, if someone request for password. We will reset the current password, generate a new one and forward them. So the process went smooth.

In the meantime , few of our people were working on Security measures on GinGly.

Thanks for your valuable time and feedback.