News:

GinGly.com - Used by 85,000 Members - SMS Backed up 7,35,000 - Contacts Stored  28,850 !!

Main Menu

How to convert/import Kodak Zi8 video to sony vegas on windows?

Started by terryhao, Mar 31, 2010, 01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryhao

kodak to sony  vegas converter is an excellent conversion tool that enables you to convert Kodak video (Kodak Zi8, Kodak Zi6, Kodak Zx1, Kodak PLAYSPORT) to AVI, MP4, WMV for importing/editing Kodak video into Sony Vegas, using Kodak video with Sony Vegas on windows. Kodak video camcorder family consists of Kodak Zi8, Kodak Zi6, Kodak Zx1, Kodak PLAYSPORT.

I have used sony vegas pro 9 on my PC for awhile now, but the raw files from the Zi8 wouldn't work with Vegas unless they were converted first to AVI or MP4. This problem went on for a few weeks until recently I found a software called Kodak video to Sony Vegas converter which can convert my Kodak Zi8 videos easily with super quality and am happy to report that Sony Vegas works well with .AVI files. It's very easy to use-just Add, Convert and start editing in sony vegas(completely solves the audio and video stutter or out of sync issues).

kodak to sony  vegas converter allows you to transcode/convert between general video formats like avi, wmv, mpeg4, dv, mpeg-2, mpg/mpeg, mkv, vob, flv, swf, etc.

free download kodak to sony vegas converter

terryhao

It took a few college tries, but Kodak's line of pocket handycam now officially blows Pure Digital's wildly popular Flip series out of the water. Inside and out, the Zi8 is brimming with upgrades (1080p) and little touches (a legit microphone jack!) that set a new standard for this class of cheap cams.

I got to play with the Kodak HD zi8 this weekend and was impressed with the quality of the video. However,there is a big drawback that this kodak zi8 HD records in .mov so you can't edit this filetype in Windows Movie Maker without converting to a different format like avi,wmv.

Yeah, Kodak screwed the pooch on windows support – but there's a perfect way to fix their shortcomings.
kodak to windows movie maker converter

I have been searching for weeks for a guide on how to use the kodak Zi8 files with Windows Movie Maker. My suggestion is to download
kodak to windows movie maker converter.It's got a batch processing feature for you. Simply adjust your output format to avi format(I strongly recommend for use in windows movie maker) and convert, then you can get high quality avi files and have a smooth edit in Windows Movie Maker(solves the audio and video out of sync issues).

free download kodak to windows movie maker converter

terryhao

For starters I must say that I love the Kodak zi8 pocket cam. It's the first pocket camcorder to capture up to 1080p HD resolution and also features SD card slot; removable, rechargeable battery; bundled composite and HDMI cables; strong low-light performance; external mic jack; electronic image stabilization; 5-megapixel still capture; macro focus mode.

However, Zi8 bundled software isn't compatible for smooth playback of 1080p mov video and I'm having a really hard time getting mov videos edited/uploaded the way I would like them. So is there any workable tutorial or workflow for dealing with these MOV files?

And my first thought is-edit the Kodak Zi8 .mov videos with a special .mov editing program.

I have recently started to use kodak mov editor and it's great. Tested a lot of programs but kodak mov editor is the only one that can edit the mov files from my Kodak Zi8 1080p camcorder with no problem.

It is a great tool to work with kodak zi8 .MOV files. Small in size, this kodak mov editor offers Kodak video camera users unlimited functions of video editing. With it, you can edit Kodak (Kodak Zi8, Kodak Zi6, Kodak Zx1, Kodak PLAYSPORT) mov files, cut one or two mins out of long Kodak mov files, split Kodak mov files into smaller sections, trim Kodak mov files, merge/join/combine separate Kodak mov files into one file, crop unwanted parts off Kodak mov files, apply special rendering effect to your Kodak mov files, preview the added video files, capture favorite image etc.
download kodak mov editor