Sharing: Convert video files via VFW codec, like DivX codec

Started by bencaban01, Jan 07, 2010, 10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bencaban01

Sharing: Convert video files via VFW codec, like DivX codec

Although there are many video converters with built-in codec in the market you could choose to encode/decode video files, you may rather use a purchased codec or an open codec from a third party to convert your video files. If you have the opinion converting video files with a non-built-in codec, the following tutorial will give you the useful information and an affordable solution to make it.

First, let's view VFW. VFW referred to as Video for Windows, which was first introduced in November 1992 as reaction to Apple Computer's QuickTime technology which added digital video to the Macintosh platform. And it introduced a file format AVI designed to store digital video so that users can work on Windows platform to add the ability to play or manipulate digital video to their own applications.

For DivX-codec has becoming more and more popular due to its ability to compress lengthy video segments into small sizes while maintaining relatively high visual quality, I purchased the original DivX-codec from the original DivX-website. Now I will share with you the method I convert videos files with DivX codec via Moyea Video Converter.

Once launching this video converter, you can add your video files into it. Then you can select Common Video from the drop-down list "Format", a profile menu will show up. Just specify the AVI format. Remember only AVI format here allows you to encode your video files with VFW codec.

Next, click the "Settings" button, profile window will pop up as below. Choose a VFW codec from the Codec drop-down list, like Divx I selected here. And then you will see that the bit rate option is disabled.

After clicking the "Config" option, you will see the following window. And you can use your original DivX codec to set your video or audio parameters for your reference.

Once all the settings are done, you can hit "OK" to save the settings, and then click the "Convert" button on the main interface of this best Video Converter to start video conversion. Actually, this program also supports other VFW codec you need and the whole process is really easy to operate.

That's all. Hopefully the article will give you a favor when you want to convert VFW codec to encode video files.

More detail information at  http://www.my-video-converter.com/products/