News:

Choose a design and let our professionals help you build a successful website   - ITAcumens

Main Menu

My Bangalore Experience

Started by ranjan_srivastava, Dec 05, 2009, 07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranjan_srivastava

Ones profession is the most important thing in the world because it pays for the food and shelter (and also the phone bills for calling your girlfriend, Internet charges, your branded T-shirts, the night long parties and much more). So, if profession requires you to move to some place, you have no choice but to do it. My profession took me to Bangalore as my present employers required me to relocate to Bangalore. So I left the Glitz and Glamour city of Mumbai to go to Bangalore, the more quieter and more Information Technology savvy place.

Bangalore is a very nice city. But like all places, it has its own set of problems. The first hurdle I faced in Bangalore was the language barrier when it comes to getting your word through to the local shopkeepers and auto-rickshaw drivers. After seven months, The problem persists for me. Otherwise, the city is pretty decent.

One of the best places I like is MG Road which is abuzz with all kinds of people, young and old and it is especially happening during the night hours. There are number of good gardens all across the city.

There is a so called Multiplex theater called innovative Multiplex there but actually it isn't even a multiplex. Innovative is one of the worst theaters I have gone to recently. The seating, food stalls, picture and sound quality is all to mediocre and there is an open ground of red mud for parking space. Any shoes will start looking red if you have parked your car or bike in this parking lot.

My life in Bangalore has more or less been on the lines of living out of the box. I have one Samsonite suitcase and two other bags. I have had real comfort traveling around Bangalore and once in a while to Mumbai with my Samsonite. I don't know what they find fascinating about it but my friends play football with the suitcase everytime they come at my room.

The bus service (BMTC) is good near my place near Nandi Gardens but overall the network of public transport is not strong.

Bangalore is a IT hub so it is full of IT people. One of the very good places for recreation there is Shakti hills which is build up a little off Mysore Road. It is about 12 kms away from the station and about 45 minutes drive from the airport. Something very interesting there is a 250 ft deep manmade cave for meditation.

The climate of Bangalore is good in any month. That is the best part and a welcome relief when compared to Mumbai. And because of its huge It reserves and development, the city is excellent for investing in property and business.

The night life and crowd in Bangalore is pretty decent but I have had the taste of Mumbai nightlife and I'll always miss that while I am in Bangalore.

Sudhakar

Dear Ranjan_srivastava,

It is very nice to ready you life experience.

Each and every moment you have compared with your life were cool.  :yes

Good Presentation too. Even though, how would i have missed this wonderful experience for an month.

I hope this could be better if i had posted on Introduce Yourself Board. Will just move it.
  8)