News:

Choose a design and let our professionals help you build a successful website   - ITAcumens

Main Menu

The Official SAT Study Guide for the New SAT

Started by sukishan, Sep 07, 2009, 03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sukishan

The Bottom Line
There is no substitute for preparation and practice. This study guide can give you both. Once you have taken the practice tests that are included, you will have a better understanding of what the SAT is all about and you will increase your score. If you are only planning to buy one study guide, get this one.
Pros
The only book available that includes full-length practice tests straight from the makers of the SAT
The formatting of the book is well thought out and is easy to read and understand
Cons
The section on test taking strategies is rather basic
Description
889 pages
Written by the College Board
Includes information about the changes recently made to the SAT
Contains eight full-length practice tests
Free score reports are available with the purchase of the book
Offers study tips and test taking strategies
Guide Review - The Official SAT Study Guide for the New SAT
An association known as the College Board administers the SAT to more than 3,000,000 students each year. To help test takers prepare, they have devised a new guide appropriately named The Official Study Guide: For the New SAT.

There are eight full-length tests included in the book. The questions in each practice test are very similar to the questions that are on the actual test. To fully benefit from your practice, I would recommend timing yourself and taking each test in one sitting.

Answer keys are also included for each test so you can estimate how you will score. If you want an even better estimate, you can go to www.thecollageboard.com and submit portions of the test for scoring.

Besides practice tests, this book includes chapters on test-taking strategies, review approaches, and study tips. Though some of the test-taking strategies are rather basic, they are effective.

Overall, I feel book is an excellent study guide. The instruction within is well thought out and is easy to read and understand. I would recommend it to anyone who is planning to take the SAT.
A good beginning makes a good ending