Difference between the C#.NET and VB.NET?

Started by sajiv, Jul 09, 2009, 12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sajiv

Difference between the C#.NET and VB.NET?

C#.NET
- It has XML Documentation, Operator Overloading and supports Pointer Variables using unsafe keyword
- c#.net is case sensitive.
- c#.net is console based application

VB.NET
- It didn't have the XML Documentation.
- It didn't have the Operator Overloading.
- It didn't have the Pointer Type variables.
- vb.net is not case sensitive
- vb.net is windows based application

alenfort

- C# is a .NET language.
- ASP.NET is a .NET web framework.
- The code part of an ASP.NET web app can be coded in either C# or VB.NET .
- The one web framework multiple language part is actually reasonable similar to ASP most code in VBScript, then other languages including JScript where also possible.

jac46

Both C# and VB.NET compiles to IL which runs in CLR. That means that C# and VB.NET could have the same features. But they don't. VB.NET is missing some constructs available in C# and C# doesn't implement all features of CLR. This differences are ment by other on this post.

Personaly, I also prefere C# over net. In fact, I consider Visual Basic to be a historical failure. C# code is better structure and easier to read. Thats my opinion.

birbalsinc

Some people like VB.NET's natural language, case-insensitive approach, others like C#'s terse syntax. But both have access to the same framework libraries. We will discuss about the differences in the following topics:
Advantages of both languages Keyword Differences Data types Differences Operators Differences Programming Difference