News:

MyKidsDiary.in :: Capture your kids magical moment and create your Online Private Diary for your kids

Main Menu

Unblocking/open blocked internet connection in your Office

Started by Sudhakar, Jun 26, 2009, 12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sudhakar

I searched for a few minutes and didn't see anything on these boards that explains how to get around a proxy your employer has setup to block what they want. Yes, I know you can use your own proxy to get to the outside but they are normally slow and this just works better. I was getting annoyed one day at my company blocking pretty much everything on the internet so I decided to stick it to them.  :yes

CHECK YOUR COMPANIES POLICIES BEFORE YOU DO THIS!!!! In this economy I don't want anyone losing their jobs for listening to me.

This is really simple and I will make it as short as possible. It may not work for everyone but most companies I have been contracted to setup work this way. I am sure a lot of people know about this but just thought I would ATTEMPT to contribute something to DG

1. Start->Run->Regedit
2. Go down the following path: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet Settings
3. In that folder you should see a name ProxyOverride
4. Delete that entry
5. Enjoy your freedom

This entry will also show on Hijack This but this is the way I have helped people that aren't allowed to install new software on their machines.  ;)

Hope this helps at least one person break free. If I get enough positive feedback I will right up other, more complicated ways of getting around security measures that companies add to keep us down always.