Chance to improve internal marks - Kerala University

Started by ganeshbala, Apr 20, 2009, 04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ganeshbala

Chance to improve internal marks - Kerala University

The Kerala University has decided to allow an influential student another chance to improve the internal marks scored for B Arch examinations, overlooking the recommendation of the university board of studies.

According to sources, the examination sub-committee of the university syndicate decided to allow an influential candidate from an aided engineering college a chance to improve the internal marks for the fourth semester paper 'Building material and construction'.

Sources pointed out that this decision was against the regulations of the Academic Council.

The student belonging to the 2003 scheme got only 17 marks in the internal evaluation.

As a result, he had to score 83 marks in the external examination for ensuring a pass percentage.

As per the present scheme, a 2003 scheme candidate who completed the course in 2007 can be given permission to improve the internal marks in 2011 only. In the past, numerous students, both B Tech and B Arch, had approached the board of studies for getting exempted from this provision.

However, the board and the dean of faculty had declined such requests in the past.

This was the case with the influential student also. After his application was rejected by the board of studies and the dean of faculty, the student submitted an application to the Vice-Chancellor, who in turn forwarded the application to the examination sub-committee.

The sub-committee gave a ruling in favour of the student.

aravindpsaseedharan

recently saw your blog in which u brought to light about an incident in which a student was allowed to change internal marks......I am trying to bring a similar rule in Calicut university,,for this I am trying to collect as many things  I can...I searched a lot but was not able to find anything in the net which says about second chance to improve internal marks,,,i know the incidents u expressed are years old,,,but it will be very helpful if u could provide me the details about how to change internal marks

pradeep prem

this is great idea change to improve internal marks it has great opportunity for many students in kerala unversity
like this many unversity can allow chance to improve internal marks