News:

Choose a design and let our professionals help you build a successful website   - ITAcumens

Main Menu

Passport woes

Started by sajiv, Apr 13, 2009, 01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sajiv

Passport woes

I submitted application last year on March 3 for new passport since my old passport was expiring. I planned to visit Saudi Arabia to perform 'Umra'. I visited the Passport office at least five times last year. I met the PRO and was told the file was misplaced.

I presented myself twice in Judge's court on Wednesdays. I was informed the police enquiry was pending. I am 84-years old and stopped visiting the Passport office since the period of Umra was over and the trip was cancelled. But to my surprise exactly after one year, a police inspector visited my house on February 6 and took details. He sent a positive report to the Passport office on February 10. It is now more than a month and half and I have still not got the passport. I sent an application with all details by speed post but there is no response.
Mohammed Ishaq
Bazar Guard

Take commitment from leaders
It is election time and political parties are rolling out their manifestos and people should insist on the party's planning, its vision and achievement by the end of each year of its five-year-term if it is voted to power and this must be challenged by the people if not adhered to. The People's Representation Act is outdated and the politicians are reluctant to amend the act as the same may adversely affect them.
CVK Mohan Varma,
Begumpet

Deserving publicity
Thank you for publishing the photo of agriculturist from the State, G Narasimha Raju Yadav receiving the Padma award from the President of India. Congratulations to The Hindu.
Naga Raja Rao K.
Yousufguda Checkpost