Can't Access Wireless/Wired Network

Started by Dhina.MAHI, Mar 20, 2009, 10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhina.MAHI

Help please!!!!

It appears that the wireless part of my router isn't talking to the wired part and can't access the internet.
Details below.

When I connect my computer to the router (linksys) via a wireless adapter, I cannot access the net. I can ping the router, but not any address across the net.

To help narrow down the issue, I've actually pulled every other piece of equipment out of the network so now I have:
1 PC with a wired connect and USB wireless, each of which I can disable or enable at any time.

Linksys Wireless Router BEFW11S4
Linksys wireless USB connector

I've spent 4 hours on the phone with linksys tech support, uninstalled and re-installed, received new firm ware, new drivers and every trick in their book, to no avail. I even returned the router and got a replacment. Same mess.

I am using XP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

dhilipkumar

what is your computer`s default gateway address? Maybe it is missing, wrong or bound to the wrong interface.

You can ping the router from the wireless connection?

Can you ping the router from the wired connection?

Both of the wired & wireless PC's have different IP addresses?

Which you have confirmed by doing an ipconfig from command prompt? Do both have a default gateway (which is the same) when you do that ipconfig?

dhilipkumar

This would suggest that your default gateway is incorrect.

If you could ping other local computers but not the internet then I would suggest it could also be DNS, but if you can't ping anything it must be the gateway.

When you ipconfig, do you get a default gateway? It is very important that we know this to help you out.

In your first post you said that the wireless wasn't talking to the wired. Does this mean that the wired computer can access the internet?

dhoni

this information gives more useful tips to solve wireless or wired network
we have any problem in connection problem means that should have any wire network has given
that should be albe in major or light problem that should solve problem with wire connected in router or not to check