Creating Sql Database Connection in Asp.net Web Application Through C#

Started by VelMurugan, Jan 10, 2009, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VelMurugan

Creating Sql Database Connection in Asp.net Web Application Through C#

1: Open visual studio 2005 and from FILE select NEW-> WebSite, then from pop-menu select asp.net website (Note: Language must be C#) , then press OK.

2: Now create three textboxes from the toolbox , to remove ambiguity I am using default name for that textboxes and that should be textbox1,textbox2 & textbox3. And also drag & drop the button to the asp.net application.

3: Meanwhile, Open SQL SERVER Management studio 2005 and open adventureworks(or you can create your own database by the Sql command CREATE DATABASE database_name), but here I am using AdventureWorks database.

4: Then create table by clicking right mouse button and form three column, Name them according to your requirement , for your information only I used EID,name,Address. And click save button, then you'll get a pop up menu where you have to enter the Table Name, for this example I used  students.

5: Now Come Back to Visual studio Application and write the following code in the button_click event

protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
SqlConnection myConn = new SqlConnection();
myConn.ConnectionString = "Connection string(See Below for this — )COPY PASTE  HERE";

myConn.Open();
string strqry = "Insert into students values (" + TextBox1.Text +
",'" + TextBox2.Text + "','" + TextBox3.Text + "')";

SqlCommand myCom = new SqlCommand(strqry, myConn);
int numrow = myCom.ExecuteNonQuery();
myConn.Close();

}

Kindly note down the connectionString Syntax, to obtain this string do the following steps :

Step 1 : Go to toolbox and from data section drag & drop SqlDataSource.

Step 2: Then on left clicking the mouse on SqlDataSource , you will get configureDataSource link, Slect this.

Step 3: NewConnection String -> Provide Server Name then select or write database name , i.e. AdventureWorks.

Step 4: TestConnection and then Press OK.

Step 5 : Now you will again redirect to the page that you actually see in the step 2, but this time click + sign before the connection string and from the drop drown hierarchy you will receive the connection string.

Step 6: Just copy and paste this string to the place of connectionstring.

Now debug & run Your application and check it's effect on the table.

Source : articlebase