News:

MyKidsDiary.in :: Capture your kids magical moment and create your Online Private Diary for your kids

Main Menu

Get Calendar Appointments from Outlook

Started by dhilipkumar, Dec 20, 2008, 07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhilipkumar

I frequently get asked if there is a method of quickly checking appointments in the Outlook Calendar. For me, I have a spreadsheet with this code in a module behind which does this for me.

Code:
Sub GetAppointments()
' Our intention here is to go and fetch all the appointments available to us in the Calendar Namespace of Outlook
' Remember to set Reference to the Outlook Object Model before you start!

Dim myApp As New Outlook.Application
    Dim myNS As NameSpace
    Dim myFolder As MAPIFolder 'Outlooks MAPI folders e.g. Inbox, Contacts, Calendar
    Dim myItems As Items 'each mail item
    Dim MyItem As AppointmentItem 'for the individual appointments
    Dim intLoopCounter As Integer, intBusy As Integer

Set myNS = myApp.GetNamespace("MAPI") 'get a namespace for the data items in the MAPI
    Set myFolder = myNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar) 'set the folder as the calendar
    Set myItems = myFolder.Items ' set the myItems to be each of the appointments in the calendar data space

For intLoopCounter = 2 To myItems.Count ' Loop through all the appointments in the calendar
        ' We could have a line in her to check if the appointment is past a certain date and only return such items e.g.
        ' If myItems(intLoopCounter).Start > "Date" then
        Range("a" & intLoopCounter).Value = myItems(intLoopCounter).Subject ' set the value of the cell A and the loop position to the subject of the appointment
        Range("b" & intLoopCounter).Value = myItems(intLoopCounter).Start ' set the value of the cell B and the loop position to the start date/time value of the appointment
        Range("c" & intLoopCounter).Value = myItems(intLoopCounter).End ' set the value of the cell C and the loop position to the end date/time of the appointment
            Select Case myItems(intLoopCounter).BusyStatus ' now we need to know what the value of the status is using the select case of the .BusyStatus
                Case 0
                    Range("d" & intLoopCounter).Value = "Free" ' and depending on its value, write this to the cell D and the loop position
                Case 1
                    Range("d" & intLoopCounter).Value = "Tentative"
                Case 2
                    Range("d" & intLoopCounter).Value = "Busy"
                Case 3
                    Range("d" & intLoopCounter).Value = "Out of Office"
            End Select
         Range("e" & intLoopCounter).Value = myItems(intLoopCounter).Location ' set the value of the cell E and the loop position to the Location of the appointment
         ' End If '- uncomment this line if you are using the date check line above
    Next intLoopCounter ' Iterate through to the next appointment item

Set myNS = Nothing ' always clear up after!
    Set myFolder = Nothing
    Set myItems = Nothing
    Set MyItem = Nothing

End Sub

thiruvasagamani

Hi
I cant understand please explain this
waiting for ur reply
Thiruvasakamani Karnan