Important Documents for Sweden Student Visa

Started by sajiv, Dec 02, 2008, 11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sajiv

Few days back I applied for Sweden resident permit (study visa). I want to share and tell the new comers about the visa process so they can apply easily with out any problems. I compiled this document with best of my knowledge if I missed some thing or there is any mistakes please correct me.

Following original documents are required for applying for Student Visa.

1. Transcript(s)
   2. Degree(s)
   3. HSSC sanat or/and HSSC Mark sheet
   4. SSC sanat or/and SSC Mark sheet
   5. IELTS (optional)
   6. Passport
   7. National ID Card
   8. Admission letter from Swedish University (Studies should be full time).
   9. Bank statement (two copies both should be original)
  10. Pictures

Now before applying in Embassy you need to attest your documents from HEC.

Attestation from HEC

Following documents are required for attestation.

1. Application form (Available at HEC Attestation office (free of cast)).
   2. 1 copy of HSSC sanat.
   3. 1 copy of SSC sanat.
   4. 1 copy of NIC.
   5. 3 copies of degree.
   6. 3 copies of transcript.
   7. 1 Photo copy of PEC certificate or PEC card (if you are engineer).

You should take above mentioned 6(7) documents to HEC along with original.

Now tell the person at attestation counter that you need 2 – 2 attested photocopies. He will check your documents and then He will write the amount you have to pay on your application. Then submit the amount on the payment counter. He will charge you according to the formula given bellow

Total = 200*(No of original document(s)) + 100*(No of Photocopies)

So if you have 1 Degree and 1 Transcript. Then you need Rs. 800.
800 = 200 * 2 + 100 * 4

Once again keep in mind that you need 2 – 2 attested copies. This process will be completed within an hour.

Picture

Following things should be considered while taking picture.

1. back ground should be white
   2. your face should be straight
   3. Picture should be zoomed means the lower end of the picture starts from your tie knot and there should be little gap between your head and the upper end of the picture.

Bank Statement for Student Visa

Bank statement is very important in your visa application. So you must follow the following points if you want no trouble at embassy.

1. Account must be your.
   2. Father or other relatives account is not acceptable for Pakistani students.
   3. Previous transactions doesn't matter only current balance matters.
   4. Sweden migration board have changed the monthly amount you need to show from 6300 SEK to 7300 SEK this might not be updated on website but when you go to embassy they will tell you.
   5. The amount which you should have in your account should be according to the following formula.
          * Amount in your account = (10/12) * (duration of studies in months) * 7300 * (exchange rate SEK to Rs)
          * Now lets take an example if your studies of one and half year and exchange rate is 8.2 then amount in your account should be 897900/-
          * But it's better to have extra 7300 SEK in your account. Because some times they are not in good mood.
          * So I recommend you that you should have at least 9,40,000/- if your going for one and half year.
          * When I was applying I have RS. 9,23,000/- but the were saying that you should have Rs. 9,30,000/- and they are not accepting my application just because of 7000/- but at the end they did.

Paying Student Visa Fee
If you are applying before 1 January 2007 you should submit visa fee 8,200/- Rupees and if you are applying after 1 January 2007 check the visa fee from the notice board out side the embassy.

How to submit visa Application?

Go to Habib Bank Ltd, Super market F-6 Murkaz Islamabad branch. Simply fill a deposit slip in the favor of "Embassy of Sweden Islamabad" in CD account 2799-92. And deposit the amount.

Submitting Documents:-
Before going to embassy fill the application form (form no 105031). Download it from Student Visa Application form

Now you are ready to submit your documents.
Here is the complete list of documents which you should bring with you to embassy.
Following are the documents which embassy will not return :

1. 2 x Properly filled application forms
   2. Original deposit slip
   3. 2 x photo copies of deposit slip
   4. Original admission letter
   5. 1 x photo copy of admission letter
   6. 2 x photo copies of passport (only first 2 pages of passport)
   7. 2 x photo copies of NIC.
   8. 2 x photo copies of SSC sanat and/or mark sheet
   9. 2 x photo copies of HSSC sanat and/or mark sheet
  10. 2 x photo copies of Degree (Attested from HEC).
  11. 2 x photo copies of transcript (Attested from HEC).
  12. 2 x original bank statements ( Stamped and signed from bank )
  13. 2 x photo copies of IELTS (optional)

Following are the documents which embassy will return after investigation :

1. Passport
   2. NIC
   3. Degree
   4. Transcript
   5. HSSC sanat and/or mark sheet
   6. SSC sanat and/or mark sheet
   7. IELTS (optional)

When submit?
Embassy accepts applications on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday from 9AM to 12 Noon.

Address of Sweden embassy in Islamabad?

Embassy of Sweden
House No. 4, Street No. 5, F-6/3
Tel: +92 (51) 282 87 12-3

Hidden truth
There are two visa counters in embassy WHITE and YELLOW. The gentleman at white counter is very quick and co-operative as compare to lady at YELLOW counter so I suggest you to go to white counter.

A man comes out from the embassy at 9, 10, 11 and 12 o clock with tokens take white token from him and wait for you turn.

The persons at Swedish embassy are very good and co-operative so with relax mood.

RP

Hii... One of my friend got the same problem and he has to reply back .

Could you please tell me how you convinced them for the trasaction rate issue???

It would be greatful .. Thanks a ton in advance ....

b.morales99

Kudos for sharing. I have long term plans of studying in Sweden, Norway or Liverpool soon.