ACCENTURE PATTERN & INTERVIEW - JUL 2008

Started by dhilipkumar, Nov 15, 2008, 06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhilipkumar

Well very recently Accenture visited my city and it's a off campus 4 me., though it's 4 BCA n Bsc-IT but the requirement process is same as Btech n MCA recruitment... Before the tests I searched a lot 4 BCA requirement but I didn't get anything. So I hope my experience will b useful for many and I m a BCA Graduate.

Total candidates--55
Written cleared--42
GD Cleared--22
Tech--13
HR-9

4 rounds r there.
1. Written
2. GD
3. Tech
4. HR

Written
This round consist of objective questions. 4 parts r there. 60 questions 60 mins. last 10 mins is 4 essay writing. No negative marking.

Two English passages are there at starting. Dnt waste time reading it just read the question then find the ans in passage, as it would b a lengthy passage.
Some preposition practice. Little bit of grammar.

Then Analytical part is there.
Ratio proportion, time n tide, little maths tricks r there.
Then data sufficiency and reasoning.
Ex. Find differece
a. jjkhtyr  b. jjkhtyr  c. jjkhhtyr
At last the question like * is + ,+ is / ,- is * and / is -.so calculate 23*7+(6/2)-7???
U'll get 6 to 8 question like that and two of data sufficiency.
Refer R S Aggrawal.

Essay given--IT revolution in INDIA

GD
It's little tough round. We r 13 candidates in this round. 6 students r selected.
Topic was--Impact of Global warming.
Just put your view with good communication skill and put accurate, distinct and innovative points. If u don't know much abt the topic just listen everyone and then make a good summary and conclude it.

Written has been done 10 days b4. so that day GD started at 11.30 am and it took 20 mins. 15 mins 4 discussion. After that just in 2 mins the result had been announced.

TECH
Some went for HR and some 4 tech, my turn was tech. I was not informed that I was going 4 tech and the time was 12.30pm.

Sir-Tell me about yourself?
Me-told (say all your family background and your schooling and college also your career gaps and the reason for that.)
S-why do you get into this Stream?
M-it's course is equivalent to some parts of Engg, that's y.
S--which course?
M--Operating system, languages, packages and architecture.
S-what is 2 and 3 tier architecture?
M--(I m not expecting this) Haven't taught yet!
S-ok difference Between C and C++?
M-told.
S--why C is procedural?
M--told
S-can data hiding be done in C?if yes how ?
M-told (little confuse)
S--why we use C when C++ is there? (He made me confused and I was also confused that time as he is asking it rapidly.)
S-What is a variable? what's its life and scope?

He is just firing the questions.

S-why are you tensed? relax.
M-can I have a glass of water please.
After that I answered him coolly.

S--How C++ is useful to us?     
What's its characteristics?

A problem given--If 10 people working under me and I want to hide data from 7 people, so how can I do it?
S-Define your name in five words.
M--5 word said.
S--justify that.
M-so b prepare for that.
S--Do you have any question for me?
Ask what you want 2 know. (sometimes they asked abt prob and stats, sql and plsql)
The interview took 15-20 mins. Then volunteer asked me 2 just wait. Then after waiting 4.30hrs my turn came 4 HR and that time I was convinced that I m through 2 next round..

HR
This time I entered the room with smile and being relaxed. The HR madam was very impressive and appealing and also very friendly so she made me more comfortable.

HR-Introducing herself then tell me abt yourself?
M--told
HR-so you have very huge gap in your career. Why?
M--I was suffered continuously from jaundice so couldn't make it in time.
HR--what is jaundice? how it happened?
M--told
HR--ok, so what does your father do? Then mother..(I told her b4 but she asked again)
HR--who is your role model?
M--Bhagat sing.
HR--Is he your 1st role model or after watching the movies u influenced.
M--yes he is my 1st role model but after watching those movies I became more passionate.
HR--Your interest is in painting!! So what type of paintings?
M--only sketches.
HR--You have written in your cv you watch movies, so what type of movies?
M--Depend upon my mood and no certain choice.
HR--Have you seen the recent film like OSO ...or ..Sawariya. (yes Mam).. So what did u learn from that?
M--From OSO it's story about the heroine betrayed by her Love.. So I felt "Betrayal begins with Trust" and from Sawariya it's complete Love story so "Love someone truly ....You will die daily".

HR--You have very good % in 10th and also in BCA but your +2 is seemed 2 b little miserable. Why?
M--Actually after 10th the new college atmosphere just misguided me and I was distracted by... (Just smile) Mam said Girls. yes mam.
HR--Net surfing is your interest. what you do in net?
M--Just chatting and now a days a new mania Orkut is there.
HR--So 24*7 orkutting. http://www.chetanas.org
M--not 24*7 but most of the times
HR--Have you found your old friends on that??Yes I got them.
HR--Have you ever Organized anything or playing a leading role in event?
M--ya, couple of years ago I directed a play and last year I was the host of the annual Function held in our college.

HR--so you just directed that or written the script? and what that play all about?
M--I've written the script and directed that also. It was "Modern Sholay". I played the VIRU role on that play.
HR--Did Basanti dance on glass pieces ?
M--No mam,as I was Viru so I never let her to do that.
HR--what's that Modern Sholay? how is it different from the original?
M--it's just same but the climax ended with happy and joy and dancing. We all danced together. Gabbr was also dancing with us.
HR--Did Gabbar has lost both of his hand in this play?
M--No mam in real story Thakur has lost both hands, so as in our story too.
HR--ok tell me. who is the brand ambassador of Accenture?
M--I've no idea mam.
HR--which channel you like or watch most?
M--There is nothing specific, depends on time the & most demanding program.
HR--still one will b special !!!
M--No mam, but now a days Neo sports.
HR--Why?
M--as IND Vs PAK series is  going on.
HR--so what do you think will IND crack this tour over PAK??
M--yes  mam. Definitely.
HR--do u watch football? (yes mam) Golf?(yes mam).Who is the no1 player in Golf?
M--Tiger wood.
HR--He is the brand ambassador of Accenture.
M--ohh really mam.
HR--ok. Have U ever seen Accenture add?
M--no mam.
HR--What is the punch line of Accenture?
M--it's some thing about future.
HR--no it's about the performance. Have you seen it written under the name of Accenture.
M--I've seen it but I cant get it right now.
HR--what do u know about Accenture?
M--told (everything when it came to IND when it got ISO, it's dealing with, where it branches everything, the no of countries it has branches)
HR--It's nice meeting with you susandeep. Thank you
M--Thank you mam.

This conversation took around 30 mins and then I was just waiting for the result. Some rumors are going the number of student selected or rejected, tension is building And after a long wait of 5hrs they invited us to a assembly hall and there just we felt like The top of the world when they announced the name. Its just like the dream came true.
I hope this information will help you and try your best.