News:

Choose a design and let our professionals help you build a successful website   - ITAcumens

Main Menu

Anna varsity to conduct coaching for B.E. students having arrears

Started by dwarakesh, Oct 04, 2008, 10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwarakesh

CHENNAI: Anna University is organising special coaching classes for about 8,000 B.E. candidates, who should have graduated between 2005 and 2007, but have been hampered by arrears in tough mathematics-related subjects.

Classes will be offered at ten centres beginning on October 15, in the following subjects: MA 131 Mathematics I, MA 132 Mathematics II, MA 231 Mathematics III, MA 034 Random Processes, MA 035 Discrete Mathematics, MA 039 Probability and Statistics and MA 040 Probability and Queuing Theory.

University's Controller of Examinations V. Jayabalan estimates that about 2,000 to 2,500 students have arrears in each paper, with most of them having failed more than once. Since several have arrears in multiple subjects, the overall number of students is approximately 8,000, he said. "Many of these candidates are students who finished their diploma and then joined the B.E course [through lateral entry]. They would not have had the same mathematics base," he added.

The special coaching classes will be conducted for about 15 days by Anna University, Chennai, for students from affiliated colleges across the State. The nine proposed venues are the College of Engineering, Guindy, and Madras Institute of Technology, Chromepet in Chennai, as well as other centres in Vellore, Salem, Coimbatore, Karaikudi, Tiruchi, Madurai and Tirunelveli. Classes will be held in a particular subject at a particular venue only if a minimum of 10 students enrol.

The course fee will be Rs. 2,000 per subject. Candidates can send applications in plain paper to the Director, Centre for Faculty Development, Anna University Chennai, Chennai – 600 025 on or before October 10 indicating their chosen subjects, along with a bank demand draft drawn in favour of the same, payable at Chennai.

For more information, students can contact the centre at 22203006 or 22203010.

Source: The Hindu

sathish kumar.k

helo,sir,am sathish i have compltd my B.Tech in bhajarang engg college....and offf cours am a 2011 passd out student....and i hv 1 arrear in  first year mathematics-1..so am willng to join in dis anna univ campus conductng spcl coaching centre.so kindly give me sme information....how to join...?how to apply....?for dis coaching....plz...help me sir...if suppose ur intrustd in sharng dis information to me means u just give me  a call....or txt me....and my..mob nor is....+919176954517.and my mail id is...sat66btech@gmail.com....