Website does not appear in google

Started by MileyBaird, Nov 05, 2023, 09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MileyBaird

Hi netlify support & dear community,

I am struggling big time and I am at my wit's end. Ive already built plenty of pages using Netlify and NEVER faced any issues indexing the page but right I have the following situation:

Custom domain hannahamatacom 1 is used for my netlify page setting the netlify nameserver in my IONOS DNS configuration for my domain.
As you can see the mentioned link/domain is working.
I set all relevant SEO tags for the individual pages (canonical, title, robots) and provided a sitemap in the google search console (hannahamata.com/sitemap-index.xml 1). I also have a robots.txt (hannahamata.com/robots.txt).

If I check in google the indexed pages via "site:hannahamata.com" I do find the index page listed, but my other two pages are missing. When using google directly and taking "hanna hamata" as a search I do not even find the website even though it should be found.

Further, I tried adding the other two subpages manually for crawling within the google search console (no issues when doing so) but they do not appear as indexed.

Does anyone have any idea? I really cannot tell why this is the case, so help is appreciated.

Hope someone has a useful idea what could be missing.

Thanks

Landraspad

Hi, to ensure Google indexes your website, you need to actively notify Google about it, given the vast number of websites online. This can be achieved through methods such as acquiring backlinks from other sites, registering your site with Google, providing a sitemap, and potentially setting up a Google Custom Search Engine page.

Condiment

I'm hoping you've managed to sort out your issues. But in case you or someone else stumbles upon this thread with similar troubles, I have some suggestions. Given that you've already set up canonicals, title tags, and sitemaps, you might want to consider diving deeper into localized SEO strategies. Sometimes, improving local SEO can make a significant impact on overall search rankings. There are specialized Local SEO Services for Small Businesses that focus on enhancing your online presence specifically in local search results. This includes citation building, local keyword optimization, and even review management.

junglesuperb

Make a sitemap and send it to Google Search Console. This guarantees that every page is indexed by Google and assists it in understanding the structure of your website. Relevant, high-quality material is preferred by Google. Make sure the material on your website is beneficial to consumers and worth their time.

unavaughan

I understand how frustrating it can be when your website isn't appearing on Google despite your efforts. It sounds like you've taken several steps to optimize it, but sometimes there can be underlying issues that need expert attention.
Consider seeking assistance from professionals who specialize in SEO and website indexing. Services like https://www.upwork.com/services/product/marketing-accounting-seo-expert-audit-1750848243602939904 offer personalized audits and recommendations to improve your website's visibility.
In the meantime, continue monitoring your SEO tags, sitemap, and robots.txt file to ensure everything is correctly configured.

monica567

If your website isn't showing up on Google, it could be due to various reasons like xfinity business internet plans poor SEO, indexing issues, or penalties. Start by ensuring your site is properly optimized with relevant keywords, quality content, and a sitemap. Check Google Search Console for any errors and submit your site for indexing. Consider seeking professional help for deeper analysis and solutions.