News:

MyKidsDiary.in :: Capture your kids magical moment and create your Online Private Diary for your kids

Main Menu

Window blinds

Started by KeenanCannon, Aug 09, 2023, 05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeenanCannon

Greetings. I live in San Antonio area of Texas, so it's very hot in the summer. My house faces east/west, with our living room and kitchen area on the west side windows. Our daughter's room is the east facing side. Our windows had wood blinds installed already when we bought it. I like the natural light coming in from the windows so I don't have to turn lights on, and we usually keep the blinds mostly/totally closed to help keep out the sun and some of the heat. I open the blinds somewhat during the day to let in some light, but not when the sun is directly blazing in (like in the morning, or the winter months where I open windows if it's cool enough out). I don't want to put curtains up to block the light. Do you have any thoughts or ideas on how to help keep out more of the heat without using curtains? Thank you.

MikeWillson

Can you put an awning over your windows on the outside? That would keep the sun from striking the windows directly and would probably help a lot.

DerickMathis

Alternatively, it's not the best solution if you like natural light, but honeycomb shades filter light and trap heat. I have a southeast-facing window that gets so hot and bright in my home office, I have to pull down the shades because it's very hot and my eyes can't take the bright sun. The shades work really well to insulate and you can get the kind that minimally filters light. Also you can get blinds that you can pull down or up. 2. The two bedrooms in the second floor of our house face the southwest and like rogar mentions we have considered roll down shades on the outside of the house. We haven't done it but it seems like the best option.

RyanMatthew

I actually tried a different option of buying a low EV film to put on the inside of those windows and it doesn't work. It distorts the view out of the windows and seems to do nothing as far as blocking the heat. Because I bought from Amazon I was able to return the remainder of the roll and get a full refund. 3. I think you're gonna have to sacrifice one thing or another. I, too, live in Texas, and this summer has been hotter than usual. Even though I love natural light, I keep my blinds down almost all the time, to block the sunlight. This, and fans in every room, have helped the most. I also have double-pane windows, which help with cutting the heat, but it was a big investment. My previous house had awnings, AND indoor blinds, AND cheap matchstick blinds nailed up over the outside, too. No view at all. A friend swears by the UV blocking film to cut the heat, but she admits it distorts her view.

MaxMart

Hey there! I totally understand the struggle with the heat in San Antonio. It can be brutal! Instead of using curtains, have you thought about checking out some window blinds that are designed to block out heat? There are some awesome options available at fabric shops like Direct Fabrics. They have a wide range of blinds that can help keep your rooms cool while still letting in some natural light. You can check out their collection here https://www.direct-fabrics.co.uk/. I hope this helps! By the way, I'm new here, so nice to meet you all

QnzjrgSow

I was really itching to treat some wager some change on some sports matches that are circumstance right now. I wanted to let you guys know that I did understand what I ruminate on to be the a-one orientation in the USA.
    If you fall short of to confound in on the engagement, verify it out-moded: online Removeds real money