News:

GinGly.com - Used by 85,000 Members - SMS Backed up 7,35,000 - Contacts Stored  28,850 !!

Main Menu

Help thread for LoL players

Started by RoderickHensley, Aug 09, 2023, 02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoderickHensley

I'm not a LoL player myself, I've played about 15 games, so I'm not pretending to know this game or anything like that. But these 15 games were enough for me to get an idea of the game and the repetitive gameplay elements that we would find strange in DotA, enough to recognize someone who came from LoL and got a beta key. The community is what it is, and such people, as a rule, do not live long. Helping them is the best way to make pubs better. So, just a list of those habits that may be good in LoL, but not in DotA.

- Do not break your tower when you are under pressure. You don't need it, just stay behind your trucker and come back when you see them coming. Even when a gank is approaching, you often don't have to go that far. Because of this, you lose experience and gold.

- Don't feel like rushing ahead of time. Don't attack automatically; it's best if you're closer to your tower than theirs.

-Stalking is done by right-clicking, not by spells. You don't have enough mana to waste your spells just to annoy.

- DON'T DIE! often LoL players are very, very aggressive and die. If you die, you're screwed. It's better to be safe and kill less than to die a lot and kill a little more. Especially since most of the time death prevents you from killing.

ClarkWillson

Thanks for sharing these nuggets of wisdom with the community!

TylerBrooks

Your insights on LoL players transitioning to DotA are really spot on. It's interesting how gameplay habits can differ between the two games. I'm not an avid LoL player either, but I totally get your point about helping those who are making the switch.
On another note, have you ever looked into 롤대리? It's like a gaming world of its own. I stumbled upon some cool info over at their website that might pique your interest.
Your tips on tower pressure, positioning, and not overusing spells are super helpful for anyone making the jump. It's all about adapting, right?