News:

Choose a design and let our professionals help you build a successful website   - ITAcumens

Main Menu

Rice Pudding

Started by RoderickHensley, Aug 07, 2023, 11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoderickHensley

Based on some recent comments I recently heard, I became curious about rice pudding.
I spent a few minutes going to this online store and looking for some rice pudding recipes. Obviously, no two recipes are the same. I don't mean flavoring additives or even the types of rice used. I'm talking about bizarre variations in the amount of the main ingredients.
First, dairy products. Usually with milk, but sometimes in combination with cream. If you start with a certain amount, say a quart of whole milk, you'll assume that the amount of rice and sugar will be pretty standard.
Rice. I saw that a liter of milk required from half to 2 cups of rice.
Sugar. Again, per liter of milk - from 1/3 cup to a full cup.
These variations seem to vary too much to make sense. I understand that individual tastes differ, but these differences seem excessive to me.
Flavorings are another matter, and they are fascinating in a good way. Often the differences are due to geographical differences. Dried and fresh fruits, various spices - from cinnamon and nutmeg to cardamom and vanilla.
All this is very interesting.
What do you think?

Condiment

I wish I could see the detailed recipe and some pics of the preparation process.

Kristeertam

Rice pudding recipes can be a real mixed bag! It's like a culinary adventure with every twist and turn. I remember trying it at a dinner party and being amazed by how diverse the flavors can be. You're spot on about the variations in ingredients - it's like a puzzle where each cook adds their unique touch.I stumbled upon https://lifestyletothemax.co.uk, which has some fantastic articles exploring the world of recipes and flavors. They've got insights that could shed light on these intriguing variations. So, if you're up for more kitchen experiments, that link might be right up your alley!