Thoughts on social media sites?

Started by FrancescaWeber, Jul 26, 2023, 02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrancescaWeber

Some time ago I connected ripcord to Twitter because of ... wow... yeah. I miss it though. It really made me feel up to date with the daily news - I never understood those who said it was bothering them, etc. Sort by chronology and keep track of people who are not idiots. Made by.

There's a lot of buzz this week around Threads, Twitter's new Meta competitor. I'm not awake, but it sounds unfinished, because obviously the accelerated the release because of flambé's last Twitter appearance. Instagram is an offshoot, I think, but it looks like if you delete the Threads app, it will also delete Instagram. It is also not possible to sort by chronological principle. Daddy Zuck can choose. No, thanks. I don't have any meta accounts.

unavaughan

Mastodon and Threads both use the activitypub federated protocol. BlueSky and Nostr use a different federated protocol.

fascinatingbeauty

I totally get the appeal of Twitter for staying informed and connecting with others. Sorting by chronological order and following the right people can make a big difference. However, it's understandable why you decided to step away from it.
As for the upcoming platforms you mentioned, it's always exciting to see new players in the social media landscape. Each platform has its own niche and potential, but it's important to consider factors like sustainability and user experience.
If you're looking for a fresh social media experience, you might also explore options to buy tiktok followers instantly cheap. It can help you gain traction and reach a wider audience on TikTok, a popular platform for creative content.