Latest Movie Updates : Cinebuzz.in
Latest Update on Rajini Movie  Enthiran / Endhiran - Rajini - The Robot

Main Menu

Lino printing press

Started by FrancescaWeber, Jul 17, 2023, 06:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrancescaWeber

Hi,
I was asked to build a printing press because my daughter took up linoleum printing because we were all locked up again. Perhaps by November we will have enough vaccinations to be allowed to play again. Judging from my initial reading on the internet, they should be strong enough for anything larger than the size of a playing card, so I'm thinking about using a vise screw in a wooden frame. You might as well take the whole pig. I will note that I do not know how to weld, so the frame must be wooden. The question is whether anyone has done this or had any previous experience with it.

deidgoogguy

I haven't personally built a press like the one you're planning, but I'm sure you will succeed. Please, share the updates

viterneb

Building your printing press for lino printing sounds like a fun project! Since you're looking for a wooden frame, a vise screw could be a solid option. It's all about getting creative, right? As for the size, playing card dimensions are doable, and you can always scale up as you gain more experience. Now, when it comes to inks, have you checked out Cranfield Caligo Safe Wash Relief Ink? It's like a game-changer in the lino printing world! The quality and ease of use are top-notch.
And remember, there's a whole community of printmakers out there who love sharing their experiences.