Aliexpress wants to extort my mobile phone number

Started by maurive1241, Jun 20, 2023, 04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maurive1241

Hello everyone,
when Aliexpress accepted Paypal, I opened an All-account account.
They blocked my account, saying:
"We noticed unusual activity in your account. This may be due to the fact that you tried to log in from another location or from another device. To protect your account, we have temporarily blocked it. To restore access, please follow the verification process described below."
The only way to check is using a mobile phone.
Firstly, Ali's statement is an outright lie. I've been using the same location and the same computer ever since. I hate being so obviously taken for a fool.
Secondly, they won't get my phone number to spam me like they do with email. No way.
So, is there any workaround?
Yes, I can buy myself a cheap disposable number. That would be the last resort.
Is there a better way?

Ytahlia

That's really annoying, sorry to hear you're having trouble with Aliexpress. It sounds like they're being real shady with that "unusual activity" excuse. And yeah, who knows what they'll do with your phone number once they have it, right? Have you considered using a temporary phone number generator? It's a service that lets you receive texts without actually giving out your real number. It's a great workaround for situations like this. Some good ones are Hushed and Burner. If you want to go the cheap throwaway number route, I hear ya. Just be careful not to accidentally give it out to your grandma or something!