News:

Build a stunning handcrafted website with IT Acumens

Main Menu

Footing drain discharge options

Started by KeenanCannon, Nov 01, 2022, 10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeenanCannon

Building a new house in PA. I have a great design for the Footing drain and waterproofing the foundation. This isn't a high water level site nor has any issues with run off etc. Problem is I can't get to daylight with the drain. I don't like the idea of weeping the outside drain with the interior drain. (why bring water into the house footprint?) I can't find a good solution. Any ideas?

albieklimaszewsk

The main rule when arranging drains is to channel the water as far away from the house's base as possible. After all, if you arrange the drains directly under the downspouts, the moisture will go into the ground beneath the foundation, and only the walls and garden paths will be protected! In addition, the soil adjacent to the foundation is usually looser than usual, so water quickly soaks into it and seeps into the concrete base. In winter, it freezes, expands, and begins to break the concrete structures. It's also important to have a good roof. To do this, I advise connecting the roof sections with metal hoops at www.scrooz.com.au. This will help prevent the roof from leaking.