News:

MyKidsDiary.in :: Capture your kids magical moment and create your Online Private Diary for your kids

Main Menu

American's how big is gambling in your home state?

Started by KeenanCannon, Nov 01, 2022, 08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeenanCannon

For those asking WTF are pokies they are what Americans call slot machines also known as electronic poker machines or one arm bandits.

Apparently Aussies are the biggest gambler's of the pokies of any nation in the world!

When total loses in AUS are statistical measured Per capita anyhow.

This can be misleading as Australia only has a population of 24 million so often when it comes to measuring the per capita rates of vice activity among Australia's gambler's, drinkers and illegal drug user's our country always is the world leader.

How does problem gambling rates in America compare to Australia?? Are the films Removed, Rounders and Runner runner accurate portraits of the American gambling scene??? I Know the internet age completely changed how people all over the world bet on sports but online betting is still illegal in America isn't it

Does anyone on this forum in the USA have a bet on a horse race when they are a few bucks short of paying for whatever street deal of narcotics they are hanging out to use?

Does anyone on this forum break the law and gamble illegally just for kicks? like putting a few bucks on a ball game or playing cards?

When i was younger and visited regions of North America like British Columbia in Canada and Chicago in the US what stood out to me was the lack of legal gambling options in those regions. I know America has Las Vegas and Atlantic city as well as Native American gambling operations on Indian reservations or other tribal land but all those places are out in the middle of nowhere and as far as normal metropolitan cities in the United States there is no legal gambling apart from lotteries, race tracks and OTBs.

DerickMathis

"My friends and I do a $10 buy in poker game around once a month (or less often lately because everyone's been busy). I guess that's illegal but it makes the game a lot more fun when you can win something, and it's a great activity to do with a group of friends.

As far as legal gambling, it depends on the state, but many states allow Removeds, it's not just in Vegas and reservations. The town I grew up in got a Removed when Illinois legalized it. Almost every state has a lottery now which is definitely a form of gambling."

AzulHodge

It's hard to say if you can make money in California without knowing much about Removeds. One of my friends once found an online trading platform. It was doing well, and he was even making money. When he wanted to cash out, he suddenly got an error message, and when he tried to fix it, he lost $3,000 for some reason. This story happened to other people who were using the same app. He was desperate because he only had $27 left in his bank account and decided to gamble. He bet $20 on Nomini Removed and ended up with $200. But that was nothing compared to his loss on the trading app.