News:

Build a stunning handcrafted website with IT Acumens

Main Menu

Dedicated Server

Started by KeenanCannon, Sep 24, 2022, 06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeenanCannon

For all the new customers, i want to explain meaning and some nuances of Dedicated Server!!!

A dedicated server is a type of remote server that is entirely dedicated to an individual, organization or application. It is deployed, hosted and managed by a hosting, cloud or managed service provider (MSP).

A dedicated server is exclusive and not shared with any other customer, service or application.

Techopedia Explains Dedicated Server
A dedicated server provides functionality like an in-house server but is owned, operated and managed by the backend provider. The user/customer remotely connects with the dedicated server over the Internet to perform a suite of server based services.

A dedicated server may be used to host applications and/or services, as well as for data storage and backup services. A dedicated server also may be used internally for the hosting and provisioning of specialized services, such as implementing dedicated file or network servers.

KeenanCannon

Thanks for sharing! I guess there is a lot of stuff I wasn't aware of.

BroderickChandler

Quote from: KeenanCannon on Sep 27, 2022, 07:30 PMThanks for sharing! I guess there is a lot of stuff I wasn't aware of.
"Thanks for the comprehensive info! When I first started my website, I didn't know anything about dedicated servers. I just went with the cheapest option, which was a shared server. I quickly learned that my site was slow and unreliable. I had to upgrade to a dedicated server, which made all the difference. My site got a boost, and I had a lot more control over my resources. I was also able to customize my environment to better suit my needs. If you're starting a website or app, I highly recommend going with a dedicated server from the get-go. Save yourself the unnecessary headache. Cheers!  "