News:

GinGly.com - Used by 85,000 Members - SMS Backed up 7,35,000 - Contacts Stored  28,850 !!

Main Menu

Logitech G435 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Headset Review: The Lightweight Champio

Started by sushmi, Feb 03, 2022, 09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sushmi

Logitech G435 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Headset Review: The Lightweight Champion

The gaming industry is ever-growing, with people clocking in thousands and thousands of hours in different types of games. Millennials and Gen-Z alike have found solace in gaming, especially during these hard times. At the start of the lockdown in 2020, we saw multiplayer games such as Among Us grow in popularity, and going into 2021, the next-generation PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X and Series S consoles were launched.

This is an industry that keeps on rising and one of the many companies that have made their mark here is Logitech. The Swiss manufacturer is well known in the gaming beat for products such as gaming mice, headsets, and keyboards. The company recently launched the Logitech G435 gaming headset in India, priced at Rs. 7,495. Is this the best pair of gaming headphones you can buy under Rs.10,000 right now? I spent around two weeks with the headphones, and here's my full review.

Logitech G435 Lightspeed design and specifications
The headset follows your usual gaming aesthetics for ear cups and the headband, but without much flashiness. Personally, I am not a big fan of RGB on headsets, but many buyers want this feature and may be disappointed to find it absent. The headset is available with online retailers such as Amazon India and Flipkart, and comes in three colour variants – Off White and Lilac, Blue and Raspberry, and Black and Neon Yellow. I have the Black and Neon Yellow colour variant for review. The entire headset is black, while the buttons are neon yellow.

The left earcup has all the buttons and controls built into it, including the power on/off button which is placed just below a battery level indicator light, followed by the Volume Up and Down buttons and a Mute button. You also get dual microphones on the left earcup. Unlike most gaming headsets, Logitech has gone for beamforming microphones instead of a boom arm. There is also a USB Type-C port on the left ear cup for charging. The right earcup only has a Logitech logo and nothing else.

Gaming peripherals, particularly headphones, are notorious for being heavy, and in some cases, almost as big as your head. The G435 aims to be the opposite of that. This is probably the lightest gaming headset I have used, weighing in at 165g; for context, the HyperX Cloud Core 7.1 weighs about 300g without the boom microphone.

The entire headset is made of plastic and that is what helps keep the weight in check. Logitech also states that a minimum of 22 percent post-consumer recycled plastic content has been used in the G435. It has a frequency response ranging from 20Hz to 20KHz with an impedance of 45 Ohms. Inside the box, you can find a Lightspeed USB dongle, a USB A to USB-C cable, some user documentation, and the Logitech G435 headset itself.

The ear cups are adjustable and are installed on rails, so they can be adjusted up and down for comfort and a proper fit. However, there is no swivel. It's worth mentioning that these rails feel a bit too finicky and fragile. The headset did survive some accidental falls from a reasonable height, but I am concerned about whether it will hold up in the long run.

The memory foam on these ear cups is very comfortable, and I did not face any issues with them during long gaming sessions. The inner plastic covering the drivers isn't fabric-coated and has large openings, so you'll need to be careful about dirt entering them. The headband frame is made of plastic and does not have any cushioning, only a smooth cloth covering that pads it slightly.

While this could have been an issue if it was a heavy headset, I never faced any discomfort during my time with the Logitech G435 Lightspeed. It did fit well for me and I didn't have any comfort issues.

Source: https://gadgets.ndtv.com/audio/reviews/logitech-g435-lightspeed-price-in-india-review-wireless-gaming-headset-2745309