Picasso, Miro as well as Banksy's painting tribute to Britain's NHS up for sale

Started by NiveRoshni, Mar 17, 2021, 09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NiveRoshni

Picasso, Miro as well as Banksy's painting tribute to Britain's NHS up for sale

Christie's 20th Century Art sale in London on March 23 to auction Picasso's 'Femme nue couchée au collier', Joan Miro's 'Peinture' as well as elusive British street artist - Banksy's 'Game Changer' among other artworks

Paintings by Pablo Picasso, Rene Magritte and Joan Miro as well as Banksy's tribute to Britain's National Health Service are among a selection of artworks going under the hammer this month at auction house Christie's 20th Century Art sale.

Held in London on March 23, the auction counts 55 lots, including Picasso's "Femme nue couchée au collier", which has a price estimate of 9 million pounds - 15 million pounds ($12.50 million - $21 million).

Another portrait by the Spanish artist, "Femme assise dans un fauteuil noir", is seen selling for 6 million - 9 million pounds.

Other lots include a self-portrait by Jean-Michel Basquiat, Amedeo Modigliani's "Portrait du photographe Dilewski" and Andy Warhol's "Three Self-Portraits".

"It's all about 20th century art with some 21st century art thrown in as well ... The works in the sale are predominantly fresh to market which is what our clients want," Keith Gill, co-head of the 20th Century Evening Sale, told Reuters.

Source : https://www.hindustantimes.com/lifestyle/art-culture/picasso-miro-as-well-as-banksy-s-painting-tribute-to-britain-s-nhs-up-for-sale-101615952856234.html

chrissyhool

How much did they manage to raise this way? I'm surprised I missed this because I usually follow modern art news closely. I was probably too busy at the moment to notice this auction, even though it was special.
I like buying artwork to decorate my house. Of course, I'm not that rich to buy Picasso's or Banksy's work. But I still try to find nice-looking things on https://www.photolamus.com/digital-caricature to make the living room in the house look better.
Are there any art sales for regular people? I don't need any of Picasso's works, but it would be nice to have a better market for beautiful paintings by local artists.