Delhi minister Kailash Gahlot tables resolution in state Assembly to repeal thre

Started by Prem Kumar, Dec 17, 2020, 10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prem Kumar

Delhi minister Kailash Gahlot tables resolution in state Assembly to repeal three farm laws

The Delhi assembly's one-day session on Thursday witnessed stormy scenes as AAP leaders Somnath Bharti and Mahendra Goyal tore a copy of the farm laws. "I refuse to accept these black laws which are against farmers," he said.

Delhi transport minister and Aam Aadmi Party leader Kailash Gahlot on Thursday tabled a resolution in state Assembly to repeal three farm laws passed by Centre in September.

The Delhi assembly's one-day session on Thursday witnessed stormy scenes as AAP leaders Somnath Bharti and Mahendra Goyal tore a copy of the farm laws. "I refuse to accept these black laws which are against farmers," he said.

The ruling Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) also geared up to raise an alleged scam of Rs 2,500 crore in the BJP-ruled city municipal corporations during the sitting.

The Aam Aadmi Party, staunchly protesting the laws, has voiced its concerns regarding the impact on the earnings of farmers. Dubbing the laws as "anti-farmer and anti-common man", chief minister Arvind Kejriwal had said that the new farm laws will lead to immense inflation and will only favour a few capitalists.

Kejriwal, along with AAP leaders, ministers, MLAs and volunteers had observing a day-long fast in support of the protesting farmers earlier this week, stating that the new farm laws 'gives license to inflate'.

"These laws are anti-farmer and anti-aam aadmi and are aimed to benefit a few capitalists. These laws will lead to immense inflation through hoarding. These legislations gives license to inflate," Kejriwal had said.

Thousands of farmers, hailing from Punjab and Haryana have been agitating against the agri-marketing laws at Delhi borders since the last 20 days demanding that the laws be repealed.

Sources: https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/delhi-minister-kailash-gahlot-tables-resolution-in-state-assembly-to-repeal-three-farm-laws/story-uSnixML4OENpB0rvnU8B9I.html