PayPal now lets all US users buy, sell and hold cryptocurrency

Started by Prem Kumar, Nov 16, 2020, 03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prem Kumar

PayPal now lets all US users buy, sell and hold cryptocurrency

The company plans to bring cryptocurrency into Venmo next year.

PayPal is bringing its newly-announced support for cryptocurrency to all US accounts. It first announced plans to open cryptocurrency trading to US-based users in October, but until now it was only available to a small subset of PayPal account holders. That's now changing, though, as PayPal says all eligible users can start buying, selling and holding bitcoin, litecoin, ethereum and bitcoin cash.

Beginning next year, PayPal also plans to bring cryptocurrency into Venmo and will allow users to pay merchants with their cryptocurrency holdings (the digital currency will be converted to fiat currency). The company hasn't detailed its plans to make cryptocurrency trading available in other countries, but says it will come to "select international markets in the first half of 2021."

Sources: https://www.engadget.com/paypal-opens-cryptocurrency-all-us-accounts-210541778.html

ClarkWillson

This is indeed a great opportunity for all PayPal users in the US. It's exciting to see such progress in the world of cryptocurrency, and I'm grateful to PayPal for expanding their support.

ColleenReyes

I see it's been a while, but I wanted to say that I'm excited that PayPal is expanding its cryptocurrency support to all US users. It's awesome to see the company embracing this new technology. Hopefully, they'll make it available in other countries soon as well. On a side note, I'd like to mention that I recently stumbled upon a fantastic resource called https://www.moonbitcoins.com/dashboard. They offer some really profitable investment offers that I'm seriously considering. It's worth checking out if you're interested in maximizing your cryptocurrency investments

leehunter

Through the PayPal platform, users can purchase and sell cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, and Litecoin. They can also hold these digital assets within their PayPal wallets. This move by PayPal aimed to provide its users with more options for managing their financial assets and to tap into the growing popularity and interest in cryptocurrencies.