A Two-day power-packed training on Effective Software Estimation using Function Point Counting Method
Brought to You by PMPulseDates: 18th, 19th April'09 (Saturday and Sunday)
Timings: 9 Am - 5.30 Pm
Venue : Hotel GRT Grand,T-Nagar,CHENNAI
For Registrations Contact : Pranava 0 9849043420
PMPULSE, is proud to bring to you a power-packed practical and career enhancing 2(two) days training on Software Estimation using Function Point (Based on the latest IFPUG release version 4.2).
What is Function Points?
Function Points is the ONLY standard methodology for accurately MEASURING Software / Embedded Technology Development projects and Enhancements and Maintenance Activities. Knowing this measurement methodology is the first step in IT greatness and superb control and command over the IT work and productivity. NASSCOM is making IT companies and IT professionals aware of this methodology because even the simplest task of finding "Productivity" of Software professionals is not possible without Function Points Estimation.
Function point allocates a UNIT OF MEASURE to IT artifacts just like "Sq Feet / Meters" is for Construction Industry.
* There is a huge demand for professionals who understand the discipline of Software Estimation.
* There are just not enough professionals who have this skill set.
* Be a part of the elite few by knowing more about FP
* Based on t he latest IFPUG release version 4.2.
* Topics covered in this training are closer to real life practices
* Discusses when to use FP and when NOT to use FP
* Highly relevant bonus topics discussed over and above the decided agenda
* A curtain raiser on COCOMO - II
Objectives of this training
* To give you the fullest insight into Function Point Counting method (by covering areas that are not covered by any other training).
* To empower you with templates and technique to be used during software estimation in most of the situations.
* To get your hands dirty and empower you with the FP technique.
* To guide you through the maze of jargons and concepts and arm you with FP and FP variants that help you have a complete understanding.
* To arm you with the tools and techniques so that you can take on higher responsibili ty and roles.
* To give you eye opening statistics and trends so as to get your "Software Estimation" feat firmly attached to the ground realities.
* To make you estimate much more productively and with much more structured approach than ever before.
Who should attend?Delivery Heads, Program Managers, Portfolio Managers, Project Managers, Account Managers, Pre-Sales Team Members, Project Leaders, Test Leads, Team Leads, Architects, Systems Analyst
Any one who participates in the estimation process or would like to participate in the estimation process as well as persons who make decisions based on the estimations generated.
PMP professionals who should continue education and keep abreast of newer methodologies and project management as applied science.
Persons who don't want to be limited by the scope and methodologies of existing projects, business units or the company, and want to embrace wider knowledge making them more acceptable in newer roles and responsibilities and even newer companies.
Day wise course break up
Day - 1
2. Estimation - Stumbling Blocks
3. Estimation - Common Omissions
4. Function Point Basics
5. Function Point Kinds
6. Function Point - Development Projects
Day - 2
7. Function Point - Enhancement Projects
8. Function Point Variant - Full Function Point
9. Function Point - Templates
10. When Not To Use Function Points
11. Function Point - Case Study
12. COCOMO - II - Curtain Raiser
Who is Training?
Training would be conducted by Project Management Professional with over 18yrs of Project and Program Management experience in IT field, who has trained over 1,500 profess ionals in different countries on software estimation alone. And over 3,500 professionals in other trainings and consultancy. He is considered an "Expert" on Function Point estimation and is on the panel of several companies for instituting the software estimation processes. << Detailed profile available on request>>.
Fees?Course Fee Rs.10,000/-
(Inclusive of Service Tax).The charges include 2 Days training, Tea and coffee and lunch during the training days, a CD containing all the material that would be ever needed for any kind of references.
Group discount 10% for a group of 3 or more participants.
You may also visit our website www.pmpulse.net
For Registrations and Details Contact 0 9849043420