BPL Placement Paper (Technical)
1.What is meant by polymorphism
Ans. Redefinition of a base class method in a derived class
2. What is the essential feature of inheritance
Ans. All properties of existing class are derived.
3. What does the protocol FTP do
Ans. Transfer a file b/w stations with user authentification
4. In the transport layer ,TCP is what type of protocol
Ans. Connection oriented.
5. Why is a gateway used
Ans. To connect incompatible networks.
6. How is linked list implemented
Ans. By referential structures.
7. What method is used in Win95 in multitasking?
Ans. Non preemptive check.
8.What is meant by functional dependency?
9. What is a semaphore?
Ans. A method synchronization of multiple processes
10.What is the precedence order from high to low ,of the symbols ( ) ++ /
Ans.( ) , ++, /
11. Preorder of A*(B+C)/D-G
12. B-tree (failure nodes at same level)
13. Dense index (index record appears for every search -key in file)
14. What is the efficiency of merge sort
Ans. O(n log n)
15.A program on swapping ( 10,5 )was given
16. In which layer are routers used
Ans. In network layer
17. In which layer are packets formed ( in network layer )
18.Which of the following sorting algorithm has average sorting behavior -- Bubble sort, merge sort, heap sort, exchange sort
Ans. Heap sort
19.In binary search tree which traversal is used for getting ascending order values--Inorder ,post order,preorder
20. What are device drivers used for
Ans. To provide software for enabling the hardware
21. Irrevalent to unix command ( getty)
23. What is fork command in Unix
Ans. System call used to create process
24.What is make command in Unix
Ans. Used for creation of more than one file
24.In unix .profile contains
Ans. Start up program
25. In Unix echo is used for ( answer C)
26.In Unix 'ls 'stores contents in
Ans. inode block