‘Avatar’ to hit the screens on Dec. 18

Started by sajiv, Dec 15, 2009, 08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sajiv

'Avatar' to hit the screens on Dec. 18

HYDERABAD: A decade and more after 'Titanic', hit director James Cameron turns the spotlight of fame on himself again. 'Avatar', the quadri-lingual film in English, Hindi, Telugu and Tamil is all set to hit the screens here on December 18.

As for Andhra Pradesh, the distributor is B. Madhu, the man who produced 'Tagore' with megastar Chiranjeevi and 'Ghajini' with Aamir Khan. He says the Telugu version was releasing on 200 screens with 150 prints.

Starring Sigourney Weaver, Michelle Rodriguez, Sam Worthington, C.C.H. Pounder, Giovanni Ribisi, Stephen Lang and Zoe Saldana, the 161-minute film was under production for almost 12 years and is the most expensive in world history, costing a whopping Rs. 2,400 crore. It may be recalled that 'Titanic' cost about Rs. 1,100 crore. The most expensive Telugu film was the Ramcharan Tej-starrer 'Magadheera', directed by S.S. Rajamouli that cost Rs. 38 crore and grossed revenues in excess of Rs. 65 crore.
New trend

The entire film has a blue backdrop and the story per se is about 'blue' people on another planet. The digital intermediary, graphics and special effects component is 60 per cent and only 40 per cent has shots of people and places.

Also, it is set to usher in a new trend for Hollywood films in India, becoming the first-ever 3-D Hollywood to be released in regional languages too. Until now, 3-D films like 'Ice Age' were only dubbed in Hindi, while 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' and '2012' were dubbed in Telugu and Tamil too.

Producer M. Shyamprasad Reddy, who made 'Arundhati' most recently says, "I don't think I have ever waited so much for a film to release. And the high expectations are simply because it comes from a man like James Cameron who made films like 'Aliens', 'True Lies', 'Abyss' and 'Titanic'."

Multiplexes across the country are said to have upgraded their technology to screen this 3-D film.

Vijay Singh of Fox Star Studios India says, the local market for Hollywood films was growing fast.

paulduminy

The Avtar: The Last Air Bender is a really awesome Movie. I seen these Avtar: The Last Air Bender Movie Four Times. It was a Fantastic Thriller Movies and I enjoyed this Avtar: The Last Air Bender Movie. I like these Avtar: The Last Air Bender Movie because The Concept of this Movies are totally different than other Movies.

jokendy45

Avatar is the great movie with the interesting story about the science addiction .
The human behaviour described so well which is against the nature.

mort03crow

Avator is one of the best movie of the year
i like this movie
it is super hit movie

nike10kelen

Avator really superb movie hit on screen
it is every one's favorite movie

azizitehram

Avator really hits the screen
it is so best movie
it is my all time favorite movie
In the case that you do not trust roulette software try live dealer roulette and watch webcam roulette dealers spin the roulette

ha0id0er

Avator really hits the screen
it is nice movie

mark12jon

Avator really hits the screen,it is so best movie
it is my all time favorite movie .

mark12jon

Avator is really best movie
It really hits the screen

spurmsperm

Avator is really best movie
It really hits the screen

Stephen.joyce77

Avatar is the hit of the century.
This film was excellent.No one can meet this grace.

sonu87

Avatar is the great movie with the interesting story about the science addiction .
The human behavior described so well which is against the nature.
i think it is the best movie ever

sneha63

The human behaviour described so well which is against the nature.

christramo

I like it just because of his great animations and superb graphics.

bohulmors

Marvelous avatar, thanks a lot for this great sharing...
Mom says avoid Girls