News:

MyKidsDiary.in :: Capture your kids magical moment and create your Online Private Diary for your kids

Main Menu

What is HTML 5 and why it's important for the web

Started by ganeshbala, Dec 14, 2011, 10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ganeshbala

HTML 5 and it's importanceor the web

What is HTML5?

HTML5 is the latest version of Hypertext Markup Language, the code that describes web pages. It's actually three kinds of code: HTML, which provides the structure; Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), which take care of presentation; and JavaScript, which makes things happen.

What's so great about HTML5?

HTML5 has been designed to deliver almost everything you'd want to do online without requiring additional software such as browser plugins. It does everything from animation to apps, music to movies, and can also be used to build incredibly complicated applications that run in your browser.

There's more. HTML5 isn't proprietary, so you don't need to pay royalties to use it. It's also cross-platform, which means it doesn't care whether you're using a tablet or a smartphone, a netbook, notebook or ultrabook or a Smart TV: if your browser supports HTML5, it should work flawlessly. Inevitably, it's a bit more complicated than that. More about that in a moment.

What does HTML5 do?

We've come a long way since HTML could barely handle a simple page layout. HTML5 can be used to write web applications that still work when you're not connected to the net; to tell websites where you are physically located; to handle high definition video; and to deliver extraordinary graphics.

When will HTML5 be finished?

HTML5 is an evolving standard, so it's a bit misleading to talk about when it'll be finished. What's important is that HTML's features - such as the aforementioned geolocation, web apps, video and graphics can be used now, provided your browser supports them.

Source: techradar

usering

so my question is :
what are the differences between HTML5 Web application and Widgets on mobile devices?
I want to know the differences between HTML5 Web application and Widgets on mobile devices. Which is better? and why? I appreciate any help from you.

Sudhakar

Quote from: usering on Jan 30, 2012, 09:29 AM
so my question is :
what are the differences between HTML5 Web application and Widgets on mobile devices?
I want to know the differences between HTML5 Web application and Widgets on mobile devices. Which is better? and why? I appreciate any help from you.

Dear Usering, earlier when html is available. we need to do separately build sites for mobile devices and normal computers. But now using html5, you could get the formats suitable and matches accordingly to the devices.  :yes
Additionally widgets / apps were done separately. But html5 has a compatibility to work as a widget also inform of adapability. And more over all Apple gadgets around the world like iphone, ipad and ipod were non flash devices , so they madly need graphical options only using html5 apps which solves their issue.
  ;)

kevin

This is fantastic thread regarding html 5. I am just finding some tutorials for it. Please do share some tutorials.