Apple Co-founder and former CEO Steve Jobs dies at the age of 56

Started by karthick, Oct 06, 2011, 01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karthick

Apple Co-founder and former CEO Steve Jobs dies at the age of 56

Technology No More - 1955 to 2011

[smg id=8123 type=full]

Apple Inc co-founder and former CEO Steve Jobs, counted among the greatest American CEOs of his generation, died on Wednesday at the age of 56, after a years-long and highly public battle with cancer and other health issues.

Jobs' death was announced by Apple in a statement late on Wednesday. The Apple.com homepage featured a black-and-white picture of him with the words "Steve Jobs, 1955-2011."

The Silicon Valley icon who gave the world the iPod and the iPhone had resigned as CEO of the world's largest technology corporation in August, handing the reins to current chief executive Tim Cook.

A survivor of a rare form of pancreatic cancer, he was deemed the heart and soul of a company that rivals Exxon Mobil as the most valuable in America.

"Steve's brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve," Apple said in a statement announcing Jobs' passing.

"His greatest love was for his wife, Laurene, and his family. Our hearts go out to them and to all who were touched by his extraordinary gifts."

Job's health had been a controversial topic for years. His battle with cancer had been a deep concern to Apple fans, investors and the company's board alike. In past years, even board members have confided to friends their concern that Jobs, in his quest for privacy, wasn't being forthcoming enough with directors about the true condition of his health.

Now, despite investor confidence in Cook, who has stood in for his boss during three leaves of absence, there remain concerns about whether the company would stay a creative force to be reckoned with beyond the next year or so without its founder and visionary at the helm.

The news triggered an immediate outpouring of sympathy. Among others, Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates said he will miss Jobs "immensely".

A college dropout, Buddhist and son of adoptive parents, Jobs started Apple Computer with friend Steve Wozniak in the late 1970s. The company soon introduced the Apple 1 computer.

But it was the Apple II that became a huge success and gave Apple its position as a critical player in the then-nascent PC industry, culminating in a 1980 IPO that made Jobs a multimillionaire.

Despite the subsequent success of the Mac, Jobs' relationship with top management and the board soured. The company removed most of his powers and then in 1985 he was fired.

[smg id=8122 type=full]
A part of Development in Our Website Front Page
www.itacumens.com

We simple build everything with sense
----karthick....

Sudhakar

Apple Steve Paul Jobs still lives with us in form of his innovations like mac,ipod, iphone & ipad. Hope Steve Jobs would have enjoyed his latest 4s event before leaving us all.

[smg id=8124 type=full]

[smg id=8125 type=full]

Sudhakar

[smg id=8126 type=full]

Hong Kong design student Jonathan Mak poses with a symbol he designed, in Hong Kong October 6, 2011. Nineteen-year-old Mak's poignant tribute to Apple founder Steve Jobs became an internet hit Thursday with its minimalist, touching symbolism and brought a job offer and a flood of commemorative merchandise using his design. REUTERS/Bobby Yip (CHINA - Tags: ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS OBITUARY SCIENCE TECHNOLOGY)

Sudhakar

Sudhakar

Sudhakar

Sudhakar

Sudhakar

Sudhakar

Sudhakar

Sudhakar

Sudhakar

Sudhakar

Sudhakar

Sudhakar

Sudhakar

Sudhakar

Sudhakar

Sudhakar

Sudhakar

Brilliant Steve Jobs Creativity

[smg id=8127 type=full]

Very honestly,i felt very proud about his technology int he above design. Not just to laugh, just think.

Sudhakar

New Twitter Traffic Record - Steve Jobs Death got 10,000 Tweets per second

New Twitter Traffic Record

According to social media monitoring firm SR7 the online reaction on Twitter to Steve Jobs passing reached 10,000 tweets per second!

The previous records were
Beyonce's performance at a MTV Video Music Awards where she announced she was pregnant, reached 8,868 TPS (tweets per second)
Japan beating the USA in the women's soccer World Cup that produced 7,196 TPS
Osama Bin Laden's death recorded 5,000 tweets per second

More details :
http://www.jeffbullas.com/2011/10/07/steve-jobs-death-smashes-twitter-traffic-records/
http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter/steve-jobs-death-dominated-over-15-of-all-tweets_b14544
http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23Apple - live tweets

Kalyan

100 Reactions to the Death of Steve Jobs

The death of Steve Jobs has inspired many, many people to share their thoughts on the life of a man they truly admired, and that includes a lot of big names. Following is a list of 100 such reactions from names many will recognize, spanning throughout the tech and journalism industries as well as celebrities in politics, movies, music, sports, etc.

[smg id=8128 type=full]

The List

1. The Jobs family: "In his public life, Steve was known as a visionary; in his private life, he cherished his family. We are thankful to the many people who have shared their wishes and prayers during the last year of Steve's illness."

Tech Leaders and Journalists/Bloggers

2. Apple Co-founder Steve Wozniak: "It's like the world lost a John Lennon – I mean Steve was clearly the most outstanding business thinker and almost everybody high up in the technology business recognized that somehow he had the ability to think out new ways of doing things, not just ways to improve what we have (do a better version of something) but do it in a totally different way that the world would swing towards."

3. Apple CEO Tim Cook: "Apple has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being."

4. Apple's Board of Directors: "Steve's brilliance, passion and energy were the source of countless innovations that enrich and improve all of our lives. The world is immeasurably better because of Steve."

5. Pixar Chief Creative Officer John Lasseter: "He saw the potential of what Pixar could be before the rest of us, and beyond what anyone ever imagined. Steve took a chance on us and believed in our crazy dream of making computer animated films; the one thing he always said was to simply 'make it great.'"

6. Walt Disney President Bob Iger: "Steve was such an 'original,' with a thoroughly creative, imaginative mind that defined an era. Despite all he accomplished, it feels like he was just getting started."

7. Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates: "Steve and I first met nearly 30 years ago, and have been colleagues, competitors and friends over the course of more than half our lives. The world rarely sees someone who has had the profound impact Steve has had, the effects of which will be felt for many generations to come."

8. Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen: "We've lost a unique tech pioneer and auteur who knew how to make amazingly great products. Steve fought a long battle against tough odds in a very brave way. He kept doing amazing things in the face of all that adversity. As someone who has had his own medical challenges, I couldn't help but be encouraged by how he persevered."

9. Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer: "I want to express my deepest condolences at the passing of Steve Jobs, one of the founders of our industry and a true visionary. My heart goes out to his family, everyone at Apple and everyone who has been touched by his work."

10. Yahoo co-founder Jerry Yang: "Steve was my hero growing up. He not only gave me a lot of personal advice and encouragement, he showed all of us how innovation can change lives. I will miss him dearly, as will the world."

11. Google CEO Larry Page: "He was a great man with incredible achievements and amazing brilliance. He always seemed to be able to say in very few words what you actually should have been thinking before you thought it. His focus on the user experience above all else has always been an inspiration to me."

12. Google co-founder Sergey Brin: "From the earliest days of Google, whenever Larry and I sought inspiration for vision and leadership, we needed to look no farther than Cupertino. Steve, your passion for excellence is felt by anyone who has ever touched an Apple product (including the macbook I am writing this on right now). And I have witnessed it in person the few times we have met."

13. Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt: ""Today is very sad for all of us. Steve defined a generation of style and technology that's unlikely to be matched again. Steve was so charismatically brilliant that he inspired people to do the impossible, and he will be remembered as the greatest computer innovator in history."

14. Google Research Director Peter Norvig: "Honor Steve Jobs: resolve to do something insanely great."

15. Google head of web spam Matt Cutts: "The tech industry lost an amazing, world-changing person today. Rest in peace, Steve."

16. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg: "Steve, thank you for being a mentor and a friend. Thanks for showing that what you build can change the world. I will miss you."

17. Dell CEO Michael Dell: " The legacy of Steve Jobs will be remembered for generations to come."

18. Serial entrepreneur Bill Gross: "Steve Jobs is in 6.36% of EVERY Tweet in the world right now, 50% of my Google+ stream, and in 100% of our thoughts. #HeMadeTheWorldABetterPlace"

19. Nokia CEO Stephen Elop: "Steve's passion for simplicity and elegance leaves us all a legacy that will endure for generations."

20. Twitter CEO Dick Costolo: ""Once in a rare while, somebody comes along who doesnt just raise the bar, they create an entirely new standard of measurement. #RIPSteveJobs"

21. Twitter/Square co-founder Jack Dorsey: "Rest in peace, Steve Jobs. Your genius will live on for generations to come..."

22. Foursquare CEO Dennis Crowley: ""

23. Sean Parker of Facebook, Napster, Plaxo, Spotfiy, etc.: "Steve Jobs was the most important technology leader of our era—perhaps even the most important business leader of our era. He was also a unique figure in the world of business and technology, a man who demonstrated—more so than any other—that pure force of will, energy, and creative drive can change the world for the better."

24. Virgin Chairman Richard Branson: "He was a truly great businessman but more than that he was an inspiration to young people, entrepreneurs, inventors, designers, early adopters, budding musicians, and people with disabilities who discovered with Apple's devices a way to engage with the world."

25. AOL co-founder Steve Case: ""I feel honored to have known Steve Jobs. He was the most innovative entrepreneur of our generation. His legacy will live on for the ages."

26. Salesforce CEO Mac Benioff: ""Steve Jobs was the greatest leader our industry has ever known. We are all blessed by his life. My thoughts and prayers are with his family."

27. Sony CEO Howard Stringer: "The digital age has lost its leading light, but Steve's innovation and creativity will inspire dreamers and thinkers for generations."

28. iEntry CEO and WebProNews Founder Rich Ord: "A sad day for America. Steve Jobs was our generation's Thomas Edison."

29. Journalism industry voice Jeff Jarvis: "We have lost our Gutenberg, Edison, Picasso, Carnegie...."

30. O'Reilly Media Founder Tim O'Reilly: "May the uncompromising vision of Steve Jobs live on, inspiring others, making them reach further, do better."

31. Technologizer Founder Harry McCracken: "Pixar alone would have been a dazzling legacy."

32. Demand Media CEO Richard Rosenblatt: "I am sad; just teared up when I heard steve jobs died; a true inspiration and the CEO I admired most with no real number 2. Farewell."

33. Mark Cenedella, Founder of The Ladders: "We've lost our Jobs. Life / swipes by, fingerprints reveal: / He adopted us. #ThankYouSteve"

34. Search Engine Land Editor-in-Chief Danny Sullivan: "Me to boys: Did you hear about Steve Jobs. Yes. What do you think about that? 'It's sad because he has four kids.' Kids always bring it home."

35. Mashable Founder Pete Cashmore: "'Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.' — Steve Jobs"

36. Mashable editor Ben Parr: "You were the force behind multiple computing revolutions. You created a company that changed how we interact with the world. And for good measure, you created on[e] that changed the face of entertainment."

37. Wall Street Journal tech columnist Walt Mossberg: "He did what a CEO should: Hired and inspired great people; managed for the long term, not the quarter or the short-term stock price; made big bets and took big risks."

38. GigaOm founder Om Malik: "Every generation has its heroes. I was too provincial to love the Beatles and cry over John Lennon. I was too Indian to care much about Elvis. And I read about President Kennedy in books. But for me, Steve Jobs was all of those people. I don't know why, how and where that happened but Jobs was my icon."

39. TechCrunch founder Michael Arrington: "Damn. People like steve jobs are supposed to live forever."

40. Tech influencer Robert Scoble: "I was driving on the freeway in Cupertino when I heard the news. Shocking. So much emotion is swirling about."

41. Journalist Katie Couric: "Rest in peace, Steve Jobs. You've changed forever the world you leave behind."

42. Film critic Roger Ebert: "I'm reading about the loss of Steve Jobs on the 17th Macintosh I've owned."

43. Huffington Post Founder Ariana Huffington: "My thoughts go out to Steve Jobs' family and friends. Thank you for changing our world."

Politics

44. President Barack Obama: "Steve was among the greatest of American innovators – brave enough to think differently, bold enough to believe he could change the world, and talented enough to do it."

45. NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg: "Again and again over the last four decades, Steve Jobs saw the future and brought it to life long before most people could even see the horizon."

46. California Gov. Edmund Brown: ""Steve Jobs was a great California innovator who demonstrated what a totally independent and creative mind can accomplish. Few people have made such a powerful and elegant imprint on our lives."

47. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi: ""His sage advice was respected by policymakers on both sides of the aisle. His courageous fight against cancer brought strength to many."

48. Presidential candidate Mitt Romney: "Steve jobs is an inspiration to American entrepreneurs. He will be missed."

49. Maria Shriver: "I'm so happy that I knew him and was so blessed by his friendship. He impacted all of our lives and changed the world."

50. Presidential candidate Newt Gingrich: "Steve jobs was an American original-courageous, determined, creative, willing to take on the establishment-he will be missed."

51. Presidential candidate Herman Cain: "This country is made great by those who personify the American Dream; Steve Jobs gave us new ways with which to dream."

52. Presidential candidate Jon Huntsman: "Sad to hear about the passing of Steve Jobs, a true inspiration and a great American innovator."

53. Congressman Charles Rangel: "#ThankYouSteve Your iPad has opened a whole new world for me at age 81. We're sad to see u go but are grateful to have had u. RIP"

Entertainment

54. Actor/writer Wil Wheaton: "I feel so weird about Steve Jobs' passing. I never knew him, I never met him, I don't think I was ever in the same place with him... but he had such a huge impact on my life, I can honestly and without hyberbole say that I wouldn't be where I am today without him."

55. Alyssa Milano: "Rest in peace, Steve Jobs. You were always a big part of my world with your special inventions. Thank you for your brain."

56. Actor/comedian Dane Cook: "Thank you Steve Jobs for so many 'wow, that's really cool' moments. You changed the world by believing in your dreams."

57. Filmmaker George Lucas: "The magic of Steve was that while others simply accepted the status quo, he saw the true potential in everything he touched and never compromised on that vision. He leaves behind an incredible family and a legacy that will continue to speak to people for years to come."

58. Musician Jeffrey Biegel: "Steve Jobs expanded technology and the progress of computerization from the 20th to the 21st century as Ludwig van Beethoven transcended the world of music, transitioning from late Classical style to the Romantic style from the 18th century into the 19th century."

59. Arnold Schwarzenegger: "Steve lived the California Dream every day of his life and he changed the world and inspired all of us. #ThankYouSteve"

60. Rapper Snoop Dogg: "RIP Steve Jobs Rest in peace homie."

61. Comedian/actor Jimmy Fallon: "Thank you, Steve Jobs, for all of the fun and amazing ways you made our lives better....Sent from my iPhone."

62. Singer Weird Al Yankovic: "RIP Steve Jobs. Thanks for improving life as we know it."

63. Comedian/Actor Patton Oswalt: "RIP Steve Jobs. Closest thing we had to Tony Stark."

64. Actor Neil Patrick Harris: "Rest in peace, Steve Jobs. Your genius will live on for generations to come..."

65. Actor Ashton Kutcher: "We have all surfed on the wake of Steve Jobs ship. Now we must learn to sail, but we will never forget our skipper."

66. TV producer Steve Levitan: " I'm so sorry to hear about the death of Steve Jobs. He was truly one of my heroes. He leaves one hell of a legacy. #iSad"

67. Radio personality Howard Stern: "Steve Jobs was a true original. So Sad. A tremendous loss."

68. Performer will.i.am: "#youchangetheworld we lost a great innovator...steve jobs designed a whole new world...he will be missed..."

69. TV/radio personality Ryan Seacrest: "'Have the courage to follow ur heart & intuition. They already know what u truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.' – Steve Jobs"

70. TV host Nancy Grace: "About to go to air & discovered news about Steve Jobs – My heart goes out to his family tonight. #RIP Steve Jobs"

71. Actor Zach Braff: "RIP Steve Jobs. A legend. A visionary innovator."

72. Singer Nick Lachey: " Best wishes to the family of #stevejobs. What an amazing man and amazing life! Certainly, his legacy will be with us all forever. #RIP."

73. Actor/filmmaker Jon Favreau: "We lost a man of true vision today. Condolences to the whole Apple family."

74. Lost co-creator Damon Lindelof: "Steve Jobs. On behalf of every dreamer sitting in his or her garage who is crazy enough to try to change the world, you will be missed."

75. Actor/writer/comedian Donald Glover: "R.I.P. Steve Jobs. I can honestly say you changed my life and the world many times over."

76. Model/TV personality Tyra Banks: "As I type on my iPhone, tears spring2 my eyes4an amazingMan I never met. His genius has touched us all. Steve Jobs, you will b/with us 4ever"

77. Actor Jim Carrey: Steve Jobs was an amazing man. He will live in my hard drive forever! ?;^}"

78. Actor Steven Weber: "'Death...is life's change agent...' Steve Jobs"

79. Actress Busy Phillipps: "RIP Steve Jobs. What an incredible man. He will leave a legacy that will go far beyond his inventions..."

80. Actor Zachary Levi: "May we all aspire to change the world the way Steve Jobs has. We've only one life. Make the best of it. #ripstevejobs"

81. Actor/comedian Joe Rogan: "Steve Jobs has died and left behind the greatest computer company the world has ever known. A vision reached, a dream fulfilled."

82. Comedian Hodgman (the PC in the Mac commercials): "Everything good I have done, I have done on a Mac."

83.Actress Rose McGowan: "I am beyond sad about Steve Jobs' passing. Beyond."

84. Writer/director Harry Shearer: "Steve, thank you for changing our lives for the better."

85. Shaun of the Dead director Edgar Wright: "Farewell and R.I.P. Steve Jobs. Written from a Macbook."

86. Writer/actress Mindy Kaling: "Hard not to think how much Steve Jobs could've done with more years. So sad. You're the best, Steve."

87. Reading Rainbow host Levar Burton: "Even though I never met him, I'm feeling the loss of Steve Jobs on a very personal level."

88. Writer/director/comedian David Wain: "Prayers to Steve Jobs. But he knows that, since his company's been tracking everybody in a database for quite a while."

89. Musician Trent Reznor: "Thanks for the tools, the inspiration, the possibilities... Miss you already Steve."

90. Pee-Wee Herman: "RIP Steve Jobs."

91. Actor Ben Savage: "Thank you, Steve Jobs. Your passion, intellect and creativity truly have changed our world. You will be missed."

92. Actor Danny DeVito: "Steve Jobs miss you from the planet have you with me every day on earth"

93. Actor/comedian Tom Wilson (Biff from Back to the Future): "Prayers to Steve Jobs. But he knows that, since his company's been tracking everybody in a database for quite a while."

94. Actor Kevin Spacey: "The world lost a true visionary today. Think different."

Sports

95. Cyclist Lance Armstrong: "'A computer is the most remarkable tool that we've ever come up with. It's a bicycle for our minds' – Steve Jobs"

96. NBA star Lebron James: "R.I.P Steve Jobs. Someone who definitely left his mark on this world! Innovations that will live and last forever!!"

97. Pro skater Tony Hawk: "Steve Jobs was the man."

98. NFL star Ndamukong Suh: "It is very sad to hear that Mr. Steve Jobs has passed.He Will be greatly missed in many ways, will pray for his family!! #RIPSteveJobs#Apple"

99. ESPN reporter Adam Schefter: "One of the greatest innovators in history is gone. RIP, Steve Jobs."

100. NFL legend Jerry Rice: "Thoughts and prayers go out to the friends n family of Steve Jobs. The man is an icon who changed technology forever. #Apple #MAC"

courtesy: http://www.webpronews.com/steve-jobs-death-quotes-2011-10

Sudhakar

Kalyan

Sony pictures will soon make a movie based on the life of Apple's co-founder, Steve Jobs, the Deadline reported.

Reports suggest that a 'hefty' deal is being made to acquire the rights to Steve Jobs' biography authorized by Walter Isaacson, ex-CNN chairman and Time Magazine managing editor.

Sony's recent tech biopic "The Social Network" won them 3 Oscars this year.

Steve Jobs' biography will be out on Oct 24.

Noah Wylie in the movie, Pirates of Silicon Valley played the role of Jobs.

56-year-old Steve Jobs, a pancreatic cancer survivor died on Oct 5. Steve's family bid him an emotional farewell at an undisclosed location, said a report in the Wall Street Journal.

Reports also suggest that Apple is planning to celebrate for its employees "Steve's extraordinary life" but has indicated no plans for a public memorial.

A private funeral was conducted for Apple co-founder Steve Jobs on Oct 7, said an unconfirmed report in the Wall Street Journal.

[smg id=8143 type=full]

Kalyan

Steve Jobs last words: 'Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow'

Describing Steve Jobs a tender and loving soul, Apple's visionary co-founder's biological sister has revealed his last moment and the enigmatic words he uttered before he died.

In a touching eulogy about her late brother at his memorial service on October 16, Mona Simpson told the group of mourners that Steve Jobs looked at his wife and children, then beyond them, before uttering, "OH WOW. OH WOW. OH WOW".

Describing his death in the eulogy reprinted in the New York Times, she said that Steve's final words were monosyllables, repeated three times.

"Before embarking, he'd looked at his sister Patty, then for a long time at his children, then at his life's partner, Laurene, and then over their shoulders past them, before saying his final words," she said.

According to the Daily Mail, Simpson recalled that, as Jobs was dying, he seemed to 'be climbing'.

"His breath indicated an arduous journey, some steep path, altitude," she said.

She told how Jobs had called her the day before and told her 'hurry up to Palo Alto' and that he was 'sorry, truly deeply sorry, to be leaving us'.
"He told me, 'I'm telling you now because I'm afraid you won't make it on time, honey'," she said.

Simpson, a novelist and a professor of English at the University of California, first met her brother when she was a struggling writer in New York aged 25.

She described in the eulogy how she waited her whole life for a man she could love and would love her in return. She thought she would find this man in her father or future husband, in fact, she found it in her brother. (ANI)

source: http://in.news.yahoo.com/oh-wow-oh-wow-oh-wow-steve-jobs-083135466.html

courtesy: ANI

Sudhakar

Sudhakar

Kalyan

Steve's passing one year ago today - Let's Pray for the great Soul to be on rest

Today marks one year, since Apple founder, Steve Jobs, died at the age of 56. The American inventor had been battling pancreatic cancer for years, and has left a lasting legacy at the tech giant, the largest publicly traded company in the world.

A message from Tim Cook, Apple's CEO,

Steve's passing one year ago today was a sad and difficult time for all of us. I hope that today everyone will reflect on his extraordinary life and the many ways he made the world a better place.

One of the greatest gifts Steve gave to the world is Apple. No company has ever inspired such creativity or set such high standards for itself. Our values originated from Steve and his spirit will forever be the foundation of Apple. We share the great privilege and responsibility of carrying his legacy into the future.

I'm incredibly proud of the work we are doing, delivering products that our customers love and dreaming up new ones that will delight them down the road. It's a wonderful tribute to Steve's memory and everything he stood for.
- Tim

Steve's passing one year ago today

[smg id=14389 type=full]

pradeep prem

he is a great man
he has many feature in apple product
he has found many new product in electronic