News:

MyKidsDiary.in :: Capture your kids magical moment and create your Online Private Diary for your kids

Main Menu

Connect to SQL db from PHP suggestions...?

Started by cliff606, Apr 27, 2010, 03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cliff606

I'm working on a project where I have to query an SQL database (Microsoft SQL 2000) with PHP. The SQL database is on an external server.

I have all the connect info and am told the server's enabled in the firewall.

I've googled this several times and am quite confused with the response. Was wondering if anyone could point me to a reliable ODBC driver that's preferably free or open source.

-or-

If there's a better way for PHP to link up to the SQL database I'm open to suggestions.

My server is a Linux box with Apache2 running php 5.

Thanks in advance for any assistance/guidance you can provide.

VelMurugan

Even i had tried for several times to get it connected on linux server. But so far i have not done it.

But same works perfectly on windows server and localhost.

Quote from: cliff606 on Apr 27, 2010, 03:11 AM
I'm working on a project where I have to query an SQL database (Microsoft SQL 2000) with PHP. The SQL database is on an external server.

I have all the connect info and am told the server's enabled in the firewall.

I've googled this several times and am quite confused with the response. Was wondering if anyone could point me to a reliable ODBC driver that's preferably free or open source.

-or-

If there's a better way for PHP to link up to the SQL database I'm open to suggestions.

My server is a Linux box with Apache2 running php 5.

Thanks in advance for any assistance/guidance you can provide.