Keyword To UNSubscribe from a Group on GinGly ( Poll )

Started by Sudhakar, Mar 29, 2010, 04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keyword To UNSubscribe from a Group on GinGly

SMS 'UNSUB<space>GROUP CODE' to 9566295662
3 (42.9%)
SMS 'UNJOIN<space>GROUP CODE' to 9566295662
0 (0%)
SMS 'REMOVE<space>GROUP CODE' to 9566295662
1 (14.3%)
SMS 'STOP<space>GROUP CODE' to 9566295662
3 (42.9%)
Other ( Kindly Specify )
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Sudhakar

Dear Team,

Though GinGly is been used by more than 3000 User. We would like to reconsider the keywords used on GinGly.

We need the Keywords to be Globally Called. So check the poll for UNSubscribe from a Group and give your option and a suggestion for it.

General Syntax with Ex : UNSUB IA

Where UNSUB is the current keyword to Unsubscribe from a Group , IA is the Group Code for IndianArmy.

Make sure Suggestion is must, or your poll will not be considered.

* Upon Confirming the Keyword, We will list on end of this poll. Thank you.

ganeshbala

stop keyword is my suggestion..

stop groupcode to 9566295662 will be better to use...

once this was send, the group message will be stopped to that user.. and later he/she can again use to start groupcode ..

but if they send unsub groupcode to gingly

user shall be unsubscribed from that groups ..

AGREE  :agree

rajoe

SMS 'REMOVE<space>GROUP CODE' to 9566295662

Replay will be better

Thilaga

Loving someone that doesn't love U is like reaching for a star -U know you'll never reach it but you just got to keep trying

sajiv

unsub <fri> to 9566295662

stop looks like overall stop,remove is not valid word, unsub is common and default  :agree :agree

Sudhakar

I have opted for SMS 'REMOVE<space>GROUP CODE' to 9566295662

Easy to understand and explain to others.

Globally accepted word is Remove, so Remove from group name to remove from the Group.

Hope Stop says , Completely from Site and only on part, where as remove gives meaning of removing single event.

Kalyan

If user type STOP and sends to Gingly...it's meant that entire service has been cancelled / suspended.

the same code STOP <Group Code> user stop getting sms from that groups...

in future they thought of continue, just type START <Group Code> and user their group sms services.

am not happy with UNSUB or Remove...

VelMurugan

Hi Friendz,

UNSUB <groupcode> to 9566295662

It's preferable, bcz Remove or stop is not suitable in programmer view.

Remove is not good sound word to unsubscribe the group.

Stop <groupcode> is good. but we want to maintain the separate table for stop services for every group.

Nowadays, its easy. But in future, we have more than 1000 groups means we want to maintain 1000 tables. Think how the data flow is?

So Only I Preferable For UNSUB.

Sudhakar

As i understand ,

Only Internet & Magzine/news papers knows about UNSUB.

START - STOP is an global word.

For , Stop - Says stop messages for time being only.

And Start - Says no problem i could receive messsages now.

For Instance , Joining a Group i Type Join Group code.

Similarly i want to come out of the Group , I will type Remove Group Code.

Remove - Means, i want myself to remove from this group.( Sounds Good & Globally Accepted )

If you use Stop - Means, i want myself to stop from this group ( doesn't derive an exact meaning ).  :confused

If stop? what he/she going to stop ?   ;) Just Think   :gum

Kalyan

Users like me no need to think about the technical view bcz we are not a techy people..just a commercial user have to get flexible

application to use smoothly :(   

And the definition u gave from START AND STOP is common method...whats the problem of using the same thing to groups..

START -  RECEIVING MESSAGES FROM GINGLY

STOP  -  STOP GETTING MESSAGES

START <GROUP CODE>  -  RECEIVING MESSAGES FROM THE PARTICULAR GROUP

STOP < GROUP CODE> -  NOT GETTING MESSAGES FROM THE PARTICULAR GROUP

One more thing, if user type STOP  and send to GINGLY,  the entire services has been suspended for the account....

if any of his friends, thought of sending Free SMS / Invite SMS to the suspended number, the message will be receiving to the suspended number or not.

If sms has been received, then no use of STOP keyword.. possible inform sender,  " the number 9840012345 is suspended from GINGLY SERVICES ".

so, before fixing the keyword and purpose we have to analyse in multi angles.. hope, am asking the right one..if not right apologize..

As commercially i felt good for STOP keyword... REMOVE or UNSUB is too hard to type for me..

START AND STOP is also global keyword sounding good and ease to type and remeber ( flexible too ).

if user type STOP and send to GINGLY, the entire service of gingly has be stop that doesn't mean user account

has to be delete..we just suspending the account..they thought of continue the service,

JUST type START and enjoying the services..

same concept for group..

UNSUB AND REMOVE IS NOT RECOMMENDED and bad of sounding.. >:(

ganeshbala

once we fixed the keyword then others will follow it...

so far look at the poll results, now the UNSUB has 3 points .. remove has 1 point... stop has 2 point..

but the REMOVE is the keyword got avantage .....

Sudhakar

Good bala.

Think this way.  :confused

I request my friend to join my group using join and remove yourself from a group using remove.  :educated

Stop is something like ordering, i could not asked my friend if you want to getout of this group you should say stop and you will be opted out of the group.

So i felt JOIN for Joining and REMOVE for removing themselves from the group.
  :yes

Kalyan

Well Said Ganesh Bala  :acumen

STOP is not an ordering command, it represents suggesting command... But, REMOVE hardly represents warning command.

So, difference is be there...will invite my friend to get sms from my group, its ease to say START Group Code, not interest

STOP Group code..as simple to handle and remember..

Sudhakar

Not sure why do not people understand about the meaning of STOP and REMOVE

Refer your self, here

Stop - http://www.google.com/dictionary?aq=f&langpair=en|en&q=stop&hl=en

Remove - http://www.google.com/dictionary?aq=f&langpair=en|en&q=remove&hl=en

Consider a senario if an office.

A team of 10 members were working on a project.

If two peoples were not performing anything for last two months.

Will you stop them from the project (or) Remove them from the project.  :confused

So decide yourself.
  :educated

ganeshbala

Thats what i said.. once we fix the keyword then other s should follow...

Big_s gave good example.. but that example slightly differs from our concept..

Stop is used as  well known word.. especially in airtel most of the people came to know about the START and STOP method for using their services..
So i suggested to use that popular(STOP) word.. ok no issue..

rajesh1265

Sudhakar

Thanks for all your valuable time & comments.

Currently we found this format suites many of us.
  :educated

SMS 'UNSUB<space>GROUP CODE' to 9566295662

* Since Stop is used to Stop the complete usage of gingly, we have used unsub now.  :yes