News:

Choose a design and let our professionals help you build a successful website   - ITAcumens

Main Menu

How to convert AVI to DVD format on Mac

Started by harvey438, Dec 09, 2009, 06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harvey438

Q 1: "I am a  Mac user and have download shed loads of films (.avi) and need to convert them to  DVD format. I want to know if there is any software for a Mac that will do the  job."

Q 2: "Hi  people! I am after a program that will convert my avi and other movie files  onto dvds. I'm not too technological, so a simple, easy to use program without  much fuss would be great. If anyone could think of any, I would be very  appreciative. Thanks."

Q 3: "Hi, I was  wondering if anyone knows of an easy to use AVI to DVD Converter for MAC. I  have a couple of AVI files that I want to burn to a DVD (to play on a DVD  Player). Freeware would be great but I'm also willing to pay for a good one. Thanks..."

The above  questions are usual to see while surfing over different tech forums. Although  the solutions have been provided time and time again, these questions are also  asked without a stop. To solve them once and for all, I specially write this  guide, hope it would be of some help for you guys who are having such a requirement.

Required  software:

Pavtube Video Converter for Mac

Step 1: Click "Add" button to import AVI files

Batch  conversion is supported, so you are allowed to add multiple AVI files into this  program at a time.

Step 2: Select DVD format as output format, and set  destination folder

Click the  drop-down list of "Format" firstly, and then choose "VOB Format", after that  select a DVD format according to your geographical region. Here I choose "DVD-Video  Format – NTSC (*.vob)" for instance. Notice that NTSC is a video format used in  North America, Central America, Japan, and parts of South America; PAL is the  video format used in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, most of Asia, and parts  of South America; SECAM is used in Africa, Asia, Pacific Islands, Former USSR,  and Americas.

Meanwhile, if  you dislike using the default save path to store the output files, you can  click "Browse" button to specify a destination folder by yourselves. Suppose  you'd like to join multiple AVI files to be as a single VOB file, you can tick  the checkbox "Merge into one file" to realize this goal.

Step 3: Set advanced settings

Pavtube Video  Converter for Mac allows users to change video and audio parameters like codec,  bit rate, frame rate, screen size, etc. Just click on the "Settings" button in  the above interface, after that the following window will show up. Just click  on the drop-down list of all these options to select the items you preferred,  and then click "OK" button to save these settings.

Step 4: Convert

As soon as the  above three steps are completed, you can press the "Convert" button to start  conversion. Conversion info like "Total progress", "Time elapse", "Estimated  left", "Generated size" and "Estimated size" are all presented in the following  panel. In that case, you can manage your time and HD space properly.

After  conversion is finished, you can click "Open" button to get the output files in  DVD format.

jones34

iSkysoft iMedia Converter Deluxe for Mac offers ultimate all-in-one DVD and Video solution, a must-have software essential for digital entertainment life. In addition to all the features of iMedia Converter, iMedia Converter Deluxe for Mac offers many other great features including copying DVDs, creating DVDs, downloading streaming web video worth over $165.

* Enjoy your favorite DVDs and videos on portable devices on the go.
    * Burn videos or physical DVDs to DVD discs to view on your big screen TV.
    * Provides optimized presets for iDevices, mobile phone and more.
    * A simple way to save your favorite online videos for offline watching.

iMedia Converter Deluxe for Mac Key Features

Broad Video Format Support - Quickly convert High-Definition video like AVCHD MTS/M2TS, AVCHD Lite, TS, HD MKV, HD WMV, HD MOV and standard videos to any popular format including WMV, MP4, AVI, MOV, MPG/MPEG, FLV, MP3, and more.

Simple Way to Rip DVDs - Take the hassle out of ripping and converting DVD movies or homemade DVDs to pretty much any format of your choice or directly for mobile devices. You can now simply accomplish the task with a few simple clicks.

Presets for Portable Devices - Straightforward presets allow you to easily rip DVDs and convert videos for your iPad, iPod, iPhone(iPhone 4 included), and Apple TV. A hassle-free way to enjoy your videos, movies and TV shows anytime and anywhere.

Convert or Extract Audio - An easy, fun and inexpensive way to greatly expand your music library by extracting audio from almost any format videos or concert DVDs to MP3, AAC, etc. Take these cool music or sound with you on iDevices!

Powerful Video Burning Tool -Copy and preserve your favorite video clips and photos to DVDs. Or burn movies stored on your Mac to DVD and you can play it anywhere you like: On the DVD player in your kids' room or on the road in your car DVD player.

Copy of DVDs and DVD Files - Copy encrypted DVDs or DVD files (VIDEO_TS, ISO, dvdmedia) to DVD discs for playback on portable DVD players. Or duplicate homemade DVDs for family members who also want a record of those special moments in life.

Download Streaming Videos - Easily download online videos from a wide range of popular video-sharing websites like YouTube, Yahoo, Vimeo, Break, Metacafe, Facebook, etc. for playback on Mac or any popular video players you like.

Easy Access to DVDs and Videos - Embedded Media Browser takes the convenience of adding any media files on your Mac to a further step, by allowing users to easily browse and add video/DVD/Audio from media library panel.

Related tags: Mac video converter; convert video on Mac; DVD ripper for Mac; Mac DVD ripper; DVD creator Mac; video to DVD Mac; DVD copy Mac; DVD to DVD Mac; YouTube Download Mac; Download Web Videos; DVDs to MP3 Mac; MP4 to MP3 Mac

jones34

Tanbee AVCHD Converter for Mac is a full-featured tool for AVCHD camcorder users, which can convert AVCHD videos (MTS, M2TS, MOD, MOD) to common videos including AVI, MOV, MPEG, WMV, MP4, 3GP, FLV, SWF, and HD videos like HD AVI, HD MOV, HD MPEG, HD WMV. This powerful Mac AVCHD Converter can support various portable devices such as iPod, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, Wii and DS, Mobile Phones, Android Mobile, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, etc.

The best Mac AVCHD Converter software also makes it possible to trim your AVCHD (MTS, M2TS, MOD, HDV) video clips, crop video playing screen, add subtitle/watermark/artistic effects, adjust video image effects, customize parameters, preview your shot video, capture desired video images and calculate bit rate.

* Convert AVCHD videos to common popular video formats & HD videos.
    * AVCHD videos are convertible for playback on many mobile devices.
    * Extract AVCHD audio to various formats.
    * High compatibility with various AVCHD camcorders and players
    * Powerful editing functions to polish your shot video
    * Capture pictures from AVCHD videos.

How to convert AVCHD camcorder videos on Mac?

This tutorial will show you how to use Tanbee AVCHD Converter for Mac step by step. Before you start, please download, install and launch Tanbee AVCHD Converter for Mac.

Step 1: Load AVCHD camcorder video files
Click "Add File" button on the toolbar or go to "File > Add files" from the main menu to load files you want to convert.

Step 2: Choose output format for your players
Choose the file, click "Profile" drop-down button to choose the format you need, then click "" to choose destination folder for saving output files.

Step 3: Start AVCHD video conversion on Mac
After the above settings, check the needed files to convert in the file list, and click "Convert" big button to start converting.

Note: If you are using Windows, please Go to AVCHD Video Converter

Related Tags: AVCHD Video Converter Mac; HD Video Converter Mac; mts converter for mac; m2ts converter for mac; convert mts files mac; convert mts to avi; convert mts to mov; convert mts to mpeg; convert mts to mkv; mts to mp4 converter; mts to m4v; mts video to quicktime; mac mts converter; canon mts converter