How to remove media DRM protection such as iTunes DRM M4P, AAC, M4V, M4A, Window

Started by lonoyA, Dec 08, 2009, 03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lonoyA

Many people ask me the same question: "I purchased videos on iTunes, but I can't play them on my video player, because they are in some 'protected' M4V format that only works on iPods. How can I convert iTunes videos to MPEG or WMV format so I can play them on My portable video device such as Archos and Creative Zen?"

I searched on Google, Yahoo answers and post the question on large number of forums, unfortunately, after scouring the Web for days, I couldn't find a FREE way to convert M4V to MPEG, WMV or AVI format.

Then I tried to burn the iTunes video onto a DVD and re-import it into iTunes just like how to remove the protection from the iTunes audios (M4P) by burning it onto a CD and re-import it as mp3. I failed, cause iTunes doesnt have a DVD burning option, then I used Nero, but it still doesnt work as Nero doesnt supports M4V format.

And finally, a software solution. I came across a few kinds of converters on Google search, they are Tunebite, Daniusoft and Noteburner. When I was testing the free trials one by one, what makes me comfortable is the Daniusoft media converter .

Daniusoft Media Converter software can remove DRM from protected wmv, wma, m4p, m4v, m4a, aac files that purchased and downloaded from online music store and convert to general video and audio formats, you can enjoy playing on portable media players, such as iPod, Zune, Creative Zen, MP3 player, PSP.

Stpe 1: Download and install the DRM Removal Tool

Stpe 2: Run the software and click Add.. button to load WMA or M4A, M4B, AAC, WMV, M4P, M4V, ASF files

Step 3: Choose output formats. If you want to convert protected audio files, please select Convert audio to list; If you want to convert protected video files, please select Convert video to list.

Stpe 4: Start remove DRM and convert your DRM protected music and videos by click on Start button.

Tips:

You can click Settings button to custom preference for output files.

If you still want to watch other common video/audio even HD video on your portable video device you can choose Daniusoft Media Converter Pro because Daniusoft Media Converter only support DRM audio and DRM video.

leenbob

I prefer this iPad Manager software, with the assistance of iPad Manager, you can make iPhone ringtone, connect your PC to iPad to backup iPad files to Computer directly, import computer file or folder to iPad.

Furthermore, it's easy to convert DVD/video to iPad.

This versatile iPad Manager can help you transfer videos, songs, photos from computer to iPad and from iPad to PC in fastest speed. Have a try with this tool and manage your iPad, iPod, iPhone in a much easier way.

* Convert DVD/video to iPad
* Backup iPad files to PC
* Import computer file or folder to iPad

iPod Manager
iPod Video Converter
DVD to iPhone Converter
iPod Mate

jimmy6280

First of all, to rip CSS-protected DVD to AVI format is possible with DVD decrypter program, but is confined to legal use of the DVD only. CSS-protection measure has long been the practice for preventing commercial DVDs from being copied to hard disk or cloned to reproduction. But we are allowed to use DVD decrypter to clone our expensive store bought CSS-protected DVD for DVD backup. As for DVD backup, it only makes sense to rip DVD to a format with DVD-like quality, smaller size and high  portability. So this is why we are going to rip DVD to AVI format for the best DVD backup effort.
Normally, we need a DVD decrypter and a DVD converter to accomplish the task. But now we have an integrated program with comprehensible interface. It is called Leawo DVD Ripper.
Leawo DVD Ripper is highly compatible with any CSS-protected DVD. CSS-protected DVD will be recognized and automatically decrypted without our interference. So let's focus on how to rip DVD to AVI format in high quality, that is, DVD-like quality, smaller size and high portability.
Here is the Download link to the software. Need more checkups, please visit the DVD Ripper's page.
This is a very comprehensible DVD decrypter/ripper program. Feed the CSS-protected DVD in the DVD-ROM drive and use the "Load DVD" function on the program main interface. Then you will see the complete titles and chapters rolled out on the list more or less like the screenshot below.

Click open the "Profile" dropdown box, navigate to "Common Video" to make a choice on AVI profiles. We are going to use "Xvid Movie (*.avi)" profile, for the DVD-like picture quality and excellent sound quality. Based on MPEG-4 compression, it can guarantee the best ratio of quality to file size. As Xvid is an open-source codec, Xvid encoded AVI video is highly portable to be played on other PC easily.

Then click "Settings" to open codec control. You will see a list of codec  parameters: Video Codec, Quality, Bit Rate, Video Size, Frame Rate, Aspect Ratio, etc.

There are quite a number of parameters set to "auto". It means to program will conduct the Xvid encoding with optimal settings. For beginners, this is a very handy design. But for veterans, it might not be enough to meet your picky demands. So let's explore the optimal settings for ourselves and gain a better understanding of how the DVD to Xvid AVI conversion works. I am going to manifest the difference among the settings of Bit Rate, the key factor which influences the video quality and file size, by a field-test experiment. Feel compelled to follow me?
In this experiment, I will rip a 9 second segment of DVD to Xvid AVI in different Bit Rate settings. It is a repetitive action and I think it makes more sense to jump to the conclusion now.

It is all right if this conclusive data table confuses you. It got me, too, in some senses. LOL. What is behind these data is an equation: File Size = (Video Bit Rate  + Audio Bit Rate) * duration /8. If you are perceptive, you would notice this is not an accurate equation and there is small discrepancy between the custom video Bit Rate and the actual video Bit Rate. It is because the Video Bit Rate is vibrant but constant. The actual Video Bit Rate reflects the average of Video Bit Rate. The longer duration of the video is converted, the more approximate the actual Video Bit Rate is to the custom Video Bit Rate.
Take a 2 hour DVD movie for example, you can be assured to count on the custom Video Bit Rate, say 600, with 128kbps Audio Bit Rate to come up with a 650MB AVI video. ((600+128)*7200/8=655200) By doing this, you have reduced the 4GB DVD movie to 1/6 in size!
Of course, DVD backup won't be a valuable one if it doesn't have DVD-like picture quality. Take a look at the comparison of the screenshots from 600Kbps Video Bit Rate setting, Low Profile, Medium Profile and High Profile.
Click the links to view the screenshots in full size 720*406.
600Kbps Video Bit Rate setting
Low Profile
Medium Profile
High Profile
600Kbps and Low Profile have just been crossed off because of interior picture quality, while Medium Profile and High Profile are almost the same. If you take the 1.5 times file size multiplication lightly, High Quality Profile is your best choice. Otherwise, Medium Profile is the optimal choice for ripping DVD to Xvid AVI format for DVD backup, with good balance of video quality and file size.
In conclusion, rip CSS-protected DVD to Xvid format with Medium Profile in Leawo DVD Ripper is the optimal choice for DVD backup. However, this article encourages you to look deeper into the video conversion and use the DVD decrypter/ripper program well. It gives you a picture of how picture quality is in connection with Video Bit Rate. Try to experiment with any Bit Rate setting you want, then you can get the most desirable DVD backup copy of your CSS-protected DVD!
dvd ripperdvd to avi | dvd to flv | dvd to iphone | dvd to ipod | dvd to mp4 | mac dvd ripper | Rip Blu ray | Copy Blu ray | Blu ray Ripper | Blu ray Copy | dvd ripper for mac | dvd to ipad | Blu ray Ripper | Blu ray Copy | DVD Copy |

crisbmw66

People usually buy some music on line and wonder whether they should convert the format to FCP. It is for sure you should convert MP3 to import to FCP. MP3 and AAC audio files should be converted to uncompressed AIFF files that match the sample rate of the audio in your sequence. Apple support has stated this point. See Convert MP3 and AAC audio files for compatibility before importing to FCP.Though you can convert mp3 to final cut pro via iTunes (Mac) or QuickTime pro for Mac, from the above apple article, the process is long and complicated. Comparatively, this mp3 to final cut pro mac is easy to use and effective in how to convert mp3 to fcp on Mac OS XThat's because mp3 to fcp mac converter for Mac can convert MP3 to AIFF audio with high quality. AIFF is the audio format used by apple, which is compatible with FCP. So you can import the converted mp3 to fcp easily. now if there is still some basis for mp3 to final cut pro mac you don't know, some popular canon, Panasonic and JVC camcorders or camera records videos in MOD are collected in the following:
Panasonic:SV-AV100,SDR-S100,SDR-S150, SDR-S10, SDR-H18, SDR-H200,SDR-H20 , SDR-H40, SDR-H60, SDR-SW20,SDR-S7,SDR-SW21(2009),SDR-S26(2009)Canon: FS100, FS10, FS11, FS200 (2009), FS21 (2009), FS22 (2009)
JVC:GZ-MC100, GZ-MC200, GZ-MG30, GZ-MG70, GZ-MG37, GZ-MG77, GZ-MG505, GZ-MG130,GZ-MG155,GZ-MG255,GZ-MG555,GZ-MS100U ,GZ-MG7230 ,GZ-MG630(2009),GZ-MG670(2009),GZ-MG680(2009) First, download mp3 to final cut pro converter and install it. Second, add MP3 files to mp3 to fcp converter for Mac(by dragging and dropping the source files to the converter or clicking "File"->"Add Audio Files"), and select Final Cut Pro from the Format list.Note: if you want to import MP3 audio files from video files, first you can extract your audio with this mp3 to fcp mac converter. And then import mp3 to fcp. Third, start to convert mp3 to fcp. By the way, you can also trim the MP3 length with this mp3 to fcp programme.  more tags:avchd to fcp|avi to fcp|youtube to fcp|m4v to fcp|mkv to fcp|mod to fcp|mp3 to fcp|mp4 to fcp|mpeg to fcp|hd to fcp|vob to fcp

brian17

DRM Media Converter is innovative DRM removal software that can remove DRM protection from movies and music bought from iTunes 10, Microsoft Media Center, Napster, Pandora, BBC iPlayer, Amazon video on Demand and other DRM protected media center legally. In addition, this media converter can convert both DRM protected and common music videos to the format you need for your multimedia device.

Aimersoft DRM Removal Softwares can work on Windows XP / Vista 32-bit / Vista 64-bit / Win 7; Only the authorized copyright-protected media files can apply to them.

DRM Media Converter Features

Remove DRM Protection

Free the DRM limitation from all protected music and audio-book - Free the protected audio-book & music like M4A, M4P, M4B from iTunes, WMA from Overdrive, AA, AAX from Audible, and the subscription WMA music from Rhapsody, Napster, Pandora, Spiralfrog, Bearshare, iMesh, iMeeM, KaZaA, Last.fm, eMusic, Puretracks, MusicGiants, Nokia Music Store, etc.

Bypass copyright protected video & movie - This DRM Remover bypasses copyright protected video & movie (M4V/WMV/ASF) from iTunes, Windows Media Centre, Zune Marketplace, BBC iplayer, Xbox Live Store, Amazon Video on Demand, CinemaNow, Blockbuster, Netflix DVD rental, Limewire, uTorrent, FrostWire etc.

Convert Protected and Unprotected Video and Audio

Support all kinds of media formats - This DRM Converter supports M4P, M4B, M4A, M4V, WMV, ASF, WMA, MP4, AVI (Divx/Xvid), MOV, 3GP, 3G2, CD.dat, DVD.vob, H.264, AVCHD(.m2ts; .tp; .trp; .ts), HD(.mp4; .wmv; .asf; .mpg; .vob; .mov; avi), DV, NSV, NUT, RM, RMVB, FLV, FLAC, AIFF, SWF, MPG, MP3, AC3, OGG, APE, AAC, WAV, MKV, MKA, etc.

Extract audio from video - You can extract audio from video and convert to MP3, M4A, AC3, AAC, WMA, WAV, OGG, APE, MKA, AU, AIFF, FLAC, M4B.

Support Wide Range of Multimedia Devices

Fully compatible with various multimedia devices - Work with all MP3/MP4 player like iPad, iPod, iPhone, PSP, PS3, Zune HD, Xbox 360, Creative Zen, Archos, Iriver, Sonywalkman, Sansa, Cowon, and mobilephones as Blackberry, Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, HTC, LG etc.

Optimized setting for multimedia players - Adjust parameter settings like resolution, frame rate, encoder bit rate of video and sample rate, channel, encoder, bit rate of audio to fit with your device and save it as your own profile.

Quick and Efficient Conversion

6X Faster Conversion Speed Boost - DRM Media Converter is optimized for NVIDIA® CUDA™ ensuring accelerated video decoding/encoding on a CUDA-enabled graphics card. The significant ? up to 6 times ? performance gain means prompt DRM video and audio conversion, smooth playback and highest quality for all your favorite movies.

Efficient Batch Conversion - The multi-threading process ensures you the efficient and stable conversion of multiple files at the same time.

Free Download: http://www.shareware7.com/download.php?item=15969-60

brian17

Tanbee Video Converter for Mac is a powerful and easy-to-use video conversion software for Mac users, which helps you convert videos and audios between various formats for Mac easily and fast, such as AVI, MP4, MOV, MKV, WMV, MPEG, 3GP, VOB video and HD Video (MOD, TOD, MTS). Tanbee Video Converter for Mac makes most video files playable on the iPod, PSP, iPhone, Smartphones as well as many others. This Mac Video Converter can also extract audio from video, movie and convert audio to audio, like MP3, M4A, AAC, etc.

* Convert among all SD and HD video formats on Mac with ease.
    * Optimized presets for Apple(iPad/iPod/iPhone/TV), PSP, iMovie, iTunes, etc.
    * Clip segments, merge files, crop video size, add special effect
    * Extract audio from videos and convert audio to audio for music players.
    * Capture your favorite images from videos and save them as BMP, JPEG or PNG.

Tanbee Video Converter for Mac Top Features

Mac Video Conversion Make Easy
    Convert between a variety of video formats including MOV, MP4, AVI, MPG, FLV, MKV, WMV, 3GP, M4V, etc. Fully support AVCHD(MTS/M2TS), MOD, TOD, TP, TS, etc.

Convert Video for Portable Devices
    Straight presets allow you to easily convert videos for your iPad, iPod, iPhone 4, Apple TV, BlackBerry, PSP, Palm, iRiver, GPhone, etc. An easy way to enjoy your videos, movies and TV shows anytime and anywhere.

Merge or Clip Video
    Join multiple video clips together; Clip the required segments from your video, either output them separately or merge and output them as a single video.

Video Effect Editing
    Crop the image to remove unwanted backdrops, black borders or emphasize a particular focal point; add different artistic effects such as "Old Film", "Emboss", "Gray" to make your video look special.

Detailed Output Parameter Settings
    Adjust a detailed range of output parameters including video brightness, contrast, saturation, bit rate, and frame rate; you have the ability to customize an existing profile.

Easy-to-use
    Tanbee Video Converter for Mac features to easy to use, only a few clicks can complete the video audio file conversion task, it provide a wide range of presets for iPad, Walkman, iMovie and more. Video conversion on Mac is now a very easy matter.

More Info: http://www.tanbee.com/video-converter-for-mac/

Tags: mac video converter, video converter for mac, convert video on mac, convert movie on mac, audio converter, video converter, wmv to mov mac, flv to mp4 mac, flv to mov mac, avi to mov, mts converter mac, imovie converter, Convert MPG to MOV,mp4 to mov on Mac, wmv to mp4 on Mac, flv to iMovie on Mac