Kamal Haasan plays ten different characters in his film 'Dasavatharam'

Started by Kalyan, Apr 30, 2008, 03:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalyan

Kamal Haasan plays ten different characters in his film 'Dasavatharam'

Kamal Haasan gets ready to don the role of ten different characters in his forthcoming film 'Dasavatharam' (Ten Incarnations).

Speaking to the media at a news conference Kamal Haasan said that 'Dasavathaaram' was one of his most ambitious project.

"This is the first time they (Critics) say that one actor has played ten characters it is not changing of guard, its characters and that's new for me at least," said Haasan.

"The screenplay is something I enjoyed that's the 11th role that I play in the film but that's the pivotal role, which made other ten roles possible. It's been a different job as different as essaying the ten roles but it was interesting," added Haasan.

Haasan besides acting in the film has written the story, screenplay and the dialogues for the film.

Bollywood super star Amitabh Bachchan who was present at news conference also congratulated Kamal Haasan on his Herculean effort.

"After watching few clips of the film I was spell bound. It's a grand film and I am eager to see it. I congratulate him (Kamal Haasan) only he can do such a wonderful work and set example for us every time he does it," said Bachchan.

Known South Indian director K.S. Ravikumar, who has many big budget films to his credit, has directed the film.

Other than Kamal Haasan the film stars Mallika Sherawat, Assin and Jaya Prada.

Bollywood composer Himesh Reshammiya has scored the music for the film, his first ever for a Tamil production.

Hollywood action superstar Jackie Chan was flown to India to especially release the music of this much-hyped movie.

It was the producer of the movie V. Ravichandran who managed to persuade Chan to do the honours since he holds the rights to release Jackie Chan's movies in India. Jackie Chan released the music of the film 'Dasavathaaram' at the Nehru Indoor Stadium in the city.

The film is to be released in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi simultaneously worldwide some time in May.