Sep 29, 2022, 03:56 PM

News:

Choose a design and let our professionals help you build a successful website   - ITAcumens

Meryl Streep Auditioned For ‘Julie & Julia’ In A New York Theater

Started by jayanthi mandhalapu, Sep 08, 2009, 03:45 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

jayanthi mandhalapu

American actress, Meryl Streep, who is widely regarded as one of the most talented and respected movie actors of the modern era was auditioned at a theatre for Nora Ephron's 'Julie & Julia'.

The actress portrayed the role of 'Julia Child' a well known US culinary queen. According to sources, the actress was unaware of the Nora Ephron's venture 'Julie & Julia' when she met the director in a New York theatre.

Nora Ephron said, "I was at the theatre one night, Shakespeare in the Park in New York Central Park, and I saw her (Streep) and she said, 'What are you doing?' and I said, 'Blah blah blah... Julia Child' and she immediately rose up. Julia was six (foot) two (inches), Meryl five-six and she suddenly grew in front of me and went into this Julia thing, this warble thing of Julia".

The director added, "I thought to myself, 'Well, that's the end of that casting search.' It seemed to me she was auditioning for it. It's as close as you'll get to Meryl Streep auditioning".
Be Happy And Always Remain So

Go Up

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

shortcuts: alt+s submit/post or alt+p preview
IT Acumens Web Designing Chennai | GinGly :: Build your Personal Website | CineBuzz :: Cinema News | My Kids Diary :: Gift your Kids Memories :: Book Website @ 349 Rs monthly
Copyright © 2005 - 2021 :: IT Acumens :: All Rights Reserved. :: XML Sitemap
ITAcumens Discussion Forum with 2 lakhs post running for 15 years - Powered by IT Acumens Pro Dedicated Server

My Kids Diary