News:

MyKidsDiary.in :: Capture your kids magical moment and create your Online Private Diary for your kids

Main Menu

Resident Evil 5 [Xbox 360 Review]

Started by dhilipkumar, Mar 16, 2009, 05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhilipkumar

Resident Evil garners more fans and followers with every passing game due to the high standards set by the games in the series. This year Capcom is back with Resident Evil 5, starring the original hero Chris Redfield and the sexy Sheva.

This time around we travel to Africa in search of answers about the origins of the T-Virus. Chris is now a member of Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance or BSAA and is sent to investigate the fictional country of Kijuju.

You start the game with your AI partner Sheva Alomar, who is your guide and occasional savior in the heavily infected area. The game gives you no time to relax. Within minutes you are in the midst of an outrage, with half the village running behind you with pitchforks and shovels, reminiscent of a witch-hunt.

RE5 is a horror/survival game and in case you are not familiar with the core concept, let me explain it to you. In a survival horror game, come prepared for tons of zombies, just enough ammo and really tight level design to make you feel cornered.

RE5 is scary but it's definitely not the scariest game in the series. I remember playing RE4; the environments, dull look, closed corridors made the game scary and quite thrilling. RE5 took a bold decision to move on to open and bright spaces and the result is a game that is quite thrilling but not as scary as its previous avatars.

Chris too has evolved; he is now bulkier, looking every bit the Hollywood stereotype action hero we all love. On the other hand, Sheva is sleek; she is nimble and can handle a gun quite well.Initially you have to play with Chris, but completing the game unlocks Sheva as a playable character. The core gameplay is still the same. You have to fight hordes of zombie-like enemies, who have tendency to scale/break walls, smash through doors with chainsaws and unleash the occasional infected dog.

The game has set pieces that will put you in the most difficult situations, with bare minimum ammo, adding to the survival aspect to the game. You have to be very accurate when playing a Resident Evil game, you have to shoot fewer shots and make sure that they count. Finding ammo is not that difficult if you spend time looking around, scavenging every last barrel and crate, this may sound like a daunting task but it keeps you prepared for the regular assault.

No matter how well you control Chris, there will be times when you are caught off-guard and will need help. Fortunately Sheva is always around you and will provide backup almost instantly. She may be AI but is really competent and quite resourceful. She comes packed with health sprays and ammo, which you can easily request for. Think of her as HL2's Alyx, only that you can't leave Sheva alone to die, because if she's dead, the game's over.

dhilipkumar

Re: Resident Evil 5 [Xbox 360 Review]

You have a very limited inventory, which can be quite a handful. You have to choose the right weapons, keep enough about the ammo and health sprays, as well as keep room for items you will find during the mission. In case you don't have room for an item, you can ask Sheva to pick it up for you and then request for it later. Sheva is quite smart and a great partner, although she can't replace an online or offline buddy, she does a good job.

The controls haven't changed, so you still can't run and shoot. This is a system that's been in place for years and Capcom seems to love it. The controls and the inventory make the game really difficult at times, which adds to the horror aspect of it, and not in a good way. I won't be surprised if many of you first-timers curse the game because of its controls.

The good thing is that once you get used to the controls, the game is just fantastic, as it offers huge boss battles, explosive scenarios and hovercraft rides that just blend beautifully. This is more of an action game and that is a common complaint all over the web. Forums are flooded with angry gamers and their disappointment. I believe that this is an unnecessary exercise, as this is a really good action game with spectacular production values, and I find no reason why one can't enjoy it.

You will find gold and treasure throughout the game that can be used to buy new weapons and upgrade old ones. You can do the same for Sheva, and believe me a well-equipped Sheva is really helpful. I completed the game on normal difficulty in about nine hours, which is enough gameplay. After completion, you unlock Sheva, as well as mercenary mode, so you have enough replay value.

The co-op is really good fun, both offline and online. The game feels completely new in co-op, as you can coordinate much better with a friend and a wireless headset. The co-op is best enjoyed on a higher difficulty, as it will really test your coordination.

The game boasts of fantastic visuals and sound, with really interesting plot and presentation. There are some over-the-top dramatic sequences but they are quickly overshadowed by the impressive cut-scenes. The level design is also remarkable with every tiny detail taken care of. The level design is different, you will come across bright open areas and open spaces, which may seem out of place, but once the infected barge in huge numbers, the open spaces seem very small.

This game will disappoint veterans; they will miss the dark corridors and scary zombies screeching at the door. However, RE5 is an outstanding effort, a game that is enjoyable, has a lot of replay value and includes a really good co-op experience. It is a must-have for your Xbox 360 or PS3.
techtree.com

loganfill

Resident Evil 5 is one of mine Favourite Game. I played this Resident Evil 5 Yesterday. Resident Evil 5 was very Fantastic Game i had ever played. I like these Resident Evil 5 Game.

carolynccourtney

Resident Evil has evolved from the beginning. The first game set the basics, and Resident Evil 2, 3, and Veronica (X), and the series of outbreaks of disease have been adding gameplay elements and history of the series. As we all know, Resident Evil 4 took a leap forward and surprisingly some people liked and others not. Logically, Resident Evil 5 continues to evolve the series that is based RE4 now.

pradeep prem

i like this movie very much from this i can play this game
thanks and update more information