News:

Choose a design and let our professionals help you build a successful website   - ITAcumens

Main Menu

Animation Training School students boycott classes

Started by sajiv, Jul 07, 2009, 12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sajiv

Animation Training School students boycott classes

MANGALORE: Over 200 students of the local branch of the Animation Training School (ANTS) boycotted classes and trooped to the Mangalore North Police Station alleging that they had been cheated by the institute's management.

The protesters demanded that the head of the institute be summoned by the police and made to refund their fees.

The students complained that the institute's management had given 100 per cent job guarantee and had issued fake certificates to them on completion of the course. Alleging that the institute had not completed the short-term certificate courses it had offered, they said regular classes were not being conducted by it.

K. Pradeep (22), a student from Dharmasthala, told The Hindu: "My parents have invested a lot of money for this course believing that I will get a job. But the institute has not completed my six-month course even after 18 months."

Chandrashekara said: "I paid the fees by saving and borrowing. My one-year course has not been completed even after three years."

Abdur Rehman (18) from Saudi Arabia said: "No teacher here lasts more than a few months. How can they complete the syllabus?"

Superintendent of Police A.S. Rao said that when the policecontacted the owners of the ANTS, they claimed that the local franchisee was the one to be blamed. He said that the police facilitated a settlement between the owners of ANTS and the local franchisee recently. The franchisee had agreed to refund the fees to those who wanted them back. He said he would protect the interest of students.

pradeep prem

now a days animation can be used in most of the films