News:

Choose a design and let our professionals help you build a successful website   - ITAcumens

Main Menu

Girl writes 10th exam holding pen with toes, secures first class

Started by rajoe, May 25, 2009, 09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rajoe

Girl writes 10th exam holding pen with toes, secures first class

The living example is this 17-year-old girl, who was born without forearms but overcame her
disability through sheer grit and determination. Vithyasri, of Arcadu Government Higher Secondary School, who wrote the SSLC exams gripping the pen with her toes, has secured first class from the state board.

She scored 57 in Tamil, 77 in English, 66 in mathematics, 69 in science and 60 in social sciences. She is the school topper in English.

"I love science and wish to become a science teacher to help students like me excel in studies," Vithyasri said. She is optimistic that she would be able to perform all mandatory practical exercises involved in higher secondary science subjects. The girl has never failed in any class. The first of the five daughters of M Annamalai and Palaniammal, daily wage labourers from Arcadu village, 30 km from Villupuram town, was born with a congenital deformity on May 19, 1992.

Villupuram chief education officer P A Naresh said 12 special children including Vithyasri in the district were granted one hour additional time to complete the examinations. "Four visually impaired girls were exempted from appearing for paper I and II of English to help them in concentrating other subjects," he said. The district has improved its performance by almost six percent in SSLC examinations when compared to last year. The district registered 74.11 percent pass percentage in SSLC examinations this year.

source:TOI