News:

MyKidsDiary.in :: Capture your kids magical moment and create your Online Private Diary for your kids

Main Menu

MHT CET

Started by ganeshbala, May 07, 2009, 12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ganeshbala

MHT CET

Government of Maharashtra conducts a single combined Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET) for admission to all Health Sciences, Engineering and Pharmacy degree courses in government/government aided colleges and in a few unaided private colleges who have accepted MHT-CET, located within Maharashtra. The Director, Medical Education and Research, Mumbai is the organizing body for MHT-CET.

Courses

Candidates who successfully qualify MHT-CET can seek admission to the following courses.

* MBBS
    * BDS
    * BAMS
    * BHMS
    * BUMS (Unani)
    * BPTh (Physiotherapy)
    * BOTh (Occupational Therapy)
    * BP&O
    * BASLP (Audiology and Speech Language Pathology)
    * BSc Nursing.
    * BVSc & AH
    * B.E.
    * B.Tech.
    * B.Pharm

Eligibility

* The qualifying examination for MHT-CET is HSC 12th (standard) or equivalent with other eligibility conditions as prescribed for respective courses and programmes.
    * Candidates are advised to go through the eligibility conditions of each course properly.

Eligibility for Admission to Health Science Courses

* The candidate must have passed the both the SSC or equivalent examination and HSC/12th Standard examination from an Institution situated in the state of Maharashtra with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology)
    * The candidate must be an Indian National.
    * The candidate should have attended 17 years of age at the time of admission.
    * In certain cases Out of Maharashtra students are also allowed for some courses.

ganeshbala

Examination Pattern

* MHT-CET is a multiple choice objective type test to be answered in an OMR answer sheets.
    * MHT-CET consists of three question papers of one and half hours duration each having maximum of 100 marks.
    * Paper I consists of Physics and Chemistry each having maximum of 50 marks.
    * Paper II consists of Biology (Botany & Zoology each having maximum of 50 marks).
    * Paper III consists of only Mathematics of 100 marks.
    * Candidates desirous of selection to Health Science and BVSc & AH courses should appear for Paper I & Paper II.
    * Candidates desirous of selection to Engineering degree courses should appear for Paper I and Paper III.
    * Candidates desirous of selection to Pharmacy degree course should appear for Paper I & Paper-II and/or Paper-III.
    * There is no negative marking for wrong answers.

Syllabus

Syllabus of Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology) and Mathematics for the MHT-CET is the same as for the HSC Examination of HSC Board of Maharashtra. The test consists of three papers as mentioned below.

* Paper I: Physics & Chemistry (50 marks each)
    * Paper II: Biology (Botany & Zoology - 50 marks each)
    * Paper III: Mathematics (100 Marks)

Contact Address

www.dmer.org
www.dte.org.in