News:

MyKidsDiary.in :: Capture your kids magical moment and create your Online Private Diary for your kids

Main Menu

Enlarge that JPG

Started by rajoe, May 06, 2009, 10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rajoe

Enlarge that JPG

Sooner or later, if you have a digital camera and a computer, you're going to want to enlarge an image, gain resolution, yet not lose any of the fidelity of the shot. You may remember our article last year on the wonderful product from Alien Skin called Blow UP. (Alien Fixes Photo Faux pas enlarging digital photographs in Photoshop for printing...) That solution was a welcome one, and Blow Up does a respectable job. It sure saved the day for us. Since that time, I've used the product many, many times.

Then one day I get a call from the folks out at OnOne Software. They said if I liked Blow Up, I definitely must try Genuine Fractals 5. It was a very timely call since I had some huge architectural graphics on the front burner, and I could use a lot of help with those. So I decided to give it a try.

Upsizing for huge output

Here's a situation where one of my pet organizations, the Children's Museum needed some snappy graphics added to the blank window coverings in an old building soon to become the 'new' Children's Museum. There was a very tight budget, and the work had to be done quickly.

the wall

The project needed at least three 4 ft x 8 ft. color prints from my friends at Signs U.S.A. The snag was I needed to get to within 200% of the final size. So I needed to increase the size of files to at least 24 inches at 300 ppi. That's a tough order since my resources were scarcely 8 inches at 72 ppi.

Genuine Fractals 5 can resize your images over 1000% and still maintain sharp edges and minute details. To give you an idea of how big that is, you could take a full-frame image from a six megapixel image and resize it to make a print of 10x15 feet at 180 ppi! It is a must for any photographer or artist who makes large format or poster sized prints.

Lisa installs

[smg id=5788]

As you can see from these shots of Lisa helping install the signs, the blow-ups are spectacular. The shot of the "thumbs up" girl started life as a stock shot from Hemera Photo Objects which was about 2-inches at 300. So to achieve the 24-inches, we called for an enlargement of 1,200%. Up close, you can see some pixelation, but it's not at all noticeable from 24-inches away. The other image was approximately 8-inches at 72ppi and it had to go to 48-inches. Do the math.

If you want to test this yourself, take any photo and pop it into Photoshop. Go to Image > Image Size and set the percentage to 1200. Then print a little section. You'll quickly see that it is literally impossible to achieve such a blow-up without some serious help.

These were output to an inkjet printer that will print on pressure sensitive vinyl, 48 inches by any length. We then adhered the vinyl to 4 x 8 sheets of coroplast (corrugated plastic) which was then air-stapled to the painted particle board. Voila! Excellent building graphics.

But not everyone needs 4 x 8 graphics. Here's an application you can seriously appreciate...

Blow it Up!

Do you have a low-quality image that you want to enlarge and not have it look terrible? Genuine Fractals 5, a plug-in for Photoshop, will enlarge your image well over 1000% without losing sharpness or detail. Its patented, fractal based interpolation algorithms work like nothing else and the results speak for themselves.

pradeep prem

now many photo has jpg so they got to enlarge this
with in adigital camera or computer we can easily enlarge the photo