News:

MyKidsDiary.in :: Capture your kids magical moment and create your Online Private Diary for your kids

Main Menu

Western Digital ups capacity of My Book hard drives to 2TB

Started by dhilipkumar, Mar 27, 2009, 01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhilipkumar

Western Digital ups capacity of My Book hard drives to 2TB

Western Digital Corp. today announced that all four models of its My Book family of external hard drives will include 2TB capacities. Previously, the single hard drive My Book line was available in 1.5TB.

The My Book Studio Edition, My Book Home Edition and My Book Essential Edition 2TB external hard drives are now available, and the My Book Mac Edition 2TB drive will be available next month. Western Digital said pricing will range from $329.99 to $379.99, depending on drive model and capacity.

"As the volume and value of users' digital content grows, backing up data on multiple CDs or DVDs becomes time consuming and inconvenient. At the same time, consumers are realizing the monetary and emotional value of content and need to back up their most important files," said Jim Welsh, general manager of Western Digital's branded products and consumer electronics groups, in a press release.

The My Book Studio Edition and My Book Mac Edition are aimed at graphic artists and video editors. The My Book Studio Edition is equipped with higher-speed FireWire 400/800 and eSATA interfaces, as well as a USB 2.0 interface and has a five-year limited warranty. My Book Mac Edition external drives feature a USB 2.0 interface and a one-year limited warranty.

The My Book Home Edition is equipped with continuous backup software and eSATA and FireWire 400, as well as USB 2.0 interfaces and has a three-year limited warranty. It is aimed at PC users who want to preserve digital pictures.The My Book Essential Edition is for those who want to add basic storage to home or office computers. The drives are equipped with a USB 2.0 interface.With the exception of the Essential Edition, My Book drives offer an external lighted gauge to see at a glance how much capacity is available on the drive. The drives also feature a standby mode that activates after 10 minutes of inactivity.

computerworld.com

dhoni

this western digital ups have more capacity with my book hard drive for 2TB
it has more storage in this external hard drive
this can use for external purpose for using extra graphics picture that take more size
it has many type size have hard drive
it cost also some what level
it has many drive model with my book
previously the single my book hard drive have 1.5TB