Best Internet Browser to surf

Started by Kalyan, Mar 16, 2008, 01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalyan

Best Internet Browser

A few years ago, a 'web browser' was a term that was known only to the hardcore computer and Internet user. The major reason for this was that the major operating system at the time had an inbuilt web browser that was more than enough for a layman's usage of the internet on a day to day basis. Come to think of it, a few years ago, we would not even be having this discussion, or this article.

The web browser may be the one of the most 'turned different' software in recent times. From basic software that one could access the Internet through, it has become a feature rich, customizable (almost and most of), edutainment software. However, all the fingers on the hand are not the same, and there is of course a vast difference between all the browsers available today.

Web browsers have seen immense enhancements since the time we first saw them. While almost all the web browsers have almost the same features, there is one browser that supports all the features its boasts of. So, depending on the features, the support and the basic usability, here's my vote for the best web browser.

Mozilla Firefox: There are a million reasons why this browser is my favorite. One of them goes back to that night when I had to spend three hours waiting for my computer to shut after being commanded to do that. The next day I formatted my pc and spoke to my online friend about it, and she took me by the hand to the Mozilla Firefox. Though I have lost contact with her like everyone of my chat friends, the Mozilla Firefox still remains with me, my trusted steed on the interesting super information highway.

Here are some of the features that make the Mozilla Firefox the best web browser to hit the Internet world:

Enhanced Security: The Firefox has been known to have better security than most other web browsers, and as a Firefox user, I can say that it actually does a better job of blocking pop ups and pop unders and other Internet evil.

Updates: Firefox does not believe in resting on its laurels. And it surely believes in making something good better, and better, and better. Firefox releases updates for its software almost every month, and they aren't any riff-raff. They are actually updates which make a browsing experience much more fruitful than it was before.

Customizable: The Internet is all about personal specifications. Mozilla found it right, and at a time when other browsers charged around $15 for a theme (yes, you read it right, $15 for a stupid, loopy, graphically weak theme), Mozilla Firefox offered the user an endless list of themes that they could use. From Metal Lion to Pimpalicious, they had it all, and more.

Add-Ons: As previously discussed, Firefox believes in making the good better all the time. It has various Add-Ons, from Image Zoom (my personal favorite) to Multimedia Players, which make the Mozilla Firefox a great piece of software to know and learn, every day.

Another major reason for Firefox to be the #1 Internet browser is that it is totally free. So, taking into consideration that it is free, technologically ahead and having a host of cute freebies, the Firefox is the best internet browser around.