News:

MyKidsDiary.in :: Capture your kids magical moment and create your Online Private Diary for your kids

Main Menu

Hyundai recalls 100 trainees

Started by dhilipkumar, Jan 30, 2009, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhilipkumar

Chennai: A month after they were asked to leave, Hyundai Motor India (HMIL) decided to recall 100 trainees following the success of its recently launched i20 hatchback. According to HMIL officials, the i20 has sold more than 2,200 units in the first month. The company hopes to take back more trainees once the situation improves further. "This is hopefully the beginning of normality. Out of the 624 trainees working on the i20 line, 100 have been recalled," Rajiv Mitra, head of corporate communications, said.

On December 28, 2008, the company cut down production at its Chennai plant to two shifts from three. Normally, the company absorbs its trainees after they work with the company for a few years.

"We are still running only two shifts. We will be taking back people who have the technical expertise and experience of working on the i20 line and other models as well as things improve," Mitra said. India's largest car exporter had dropped plan to absorb 1,200 trainees after a cut in output.