News:

Choose a design and let our professionals help you build a successful website   - ITAcumens

Main Menu

HP call centre rejects experienced candidates

Started by dwarakesh, Jan 06, 2009, 11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwarakesh

Hewlett Packard (HP) in India has stopped recruiting candidates with more than eighteen months of work experience for its call centres.

Recently, a candidate with 24 months' international BPO experience was refused a job by a HP call centre.

The candidate said, "I went for an interview to HP [through a consultancy] in Lalbagh road near Ashoka Pillar. The moment I said I have three years of work experience in the same field, they said they are recruiting only freshers or within 18 months experience. But they said that in case if they happen to recruit they will inform me. I felt badly for the way they reacted and spoke to me. I got a bad impression about them and HP."

The HP call centre is rejecting experienced candidates, as most of its processes are non-revenue-generating. However, sources close to HP told that the company is still hiring people with experience for revenue-generating processes where the outsourcing client model comes into play.

A HP employee said, "HP is doing quite well in the financial outsourced processes, which generate healthy revenue, mainly in finance and accounting (F&A) processes."

The F&A vertical in the HP BPO supports financial and non-financial clients with sales and marketing, asset recovery, European VAT recovery, decision support analytics and asset protection, fraud claim, operations and risk management.

HP has a strong workforce in language capabilities covering support operations globally in more than 30 major languages. Another HP employee in the foreign language support said, "Lay-offs is definitely not on in the company, but back-filling is slow. As a result, the number of shifts has gone down with bit extended working hours. We don't face much problem as the operations has been critically designed keeping the present economic situation in mind."

Source:IT examiner