Child's Play 2008 final post: help us meet our goal!

Started by dhilipkumar, Dec 31, 2008, 03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhilipkumar

Child's Play 2008 final post: help us meet our goal!

Alright guys, tomorrow is New Year's eve, and it's also the last day of our Child's Play drive. I'm going to plead my case one more time before we stick a fork in our 2008 drive, and I have to say that even though we ran into a few bumps, you guys have already very nearly matched our total last year.

Very nearly. That means we just need a little bump to get over the $10,000 mark, our original goal. If you haven't given yet, this gives you the perfect excuse to throw the charity a few dollars to help get us to our goal, and to make sure you have a chance to win some of our great prizes. Now, for the disclaimers:

We had to make a small change legally, so every entry is worth one ticket in the sweepstakes, which means you have the same chance of winning whether you donate $5 or $50. That removes any excuse you have for not donating, as even a dollar or two helps out and gives you a chance, too. How do you give? You can donate money directly to Child's Play or buy a toy or a game for any of the hospitals. Then send your receipt to ChildsPlay@arstechnica.com in order to be entered in the drawing. No purchase necessary, but instead of sending us a post card for entry, why not just donate a dollar and send us an e-mail? It will save you money while taking cash out of the pocket of the evil post card industry. You can read the official rules for the full details.

The generosity and the caring that people have put into the donations and the toys and games bought has been wonderful to witness and to read about. When people donate and send us stories about why they chose this game or that book, it's always inspiring. You guys aren't just giving away toys, books, and games, but memories and your own positive thoughts.

Some people send in thanks for giving them an excuse or reason to go ahead and donate, but this is something we put together and think about all year. This is only the second time we've organized our own Child's Play drive, but I promise you that I get much more out of it than I put into it. Let's crack that final goal and end the year on a triumphant note.